Horse insurance

mazak85

New User
Visit site
Hiya, looking for some advice. Looking to insure my horse whom has a previous leg injury (caught in barbed wire fencing) before I got him, all healed up now but has had vet out today to diagnose a sarcoid now in the injury site. How does the insurance work on this? Will I get the leg covered being there a previous injury or new saccroid now present. Help?
Thanks in advance :)

be positive

Visit site
If he is not already insured then you will not be covered for sarcoids if you take out cover now, they will probably exclude sarcoids appearing anywhere not just the one that is currently there. You must declare it as they will check if you try and claim, it would be fraudulent to try and do so, the previous injury is less of an issue if it was only on the surface there is no reason for them to exclude that leg from further injury, depending on how long you have owned him and how much you plan on insuring him for the insurance company may ask for a 2 stage vetting or a copy of his veterinary history so they can decide what, if anything, needs to be excluded, only the company can really give you a definitive answer.