Horse insurance

05troyd

Visit site
Having just received my renewal quote for my young horses insurance I was a little shocked to see the price has risen my about a 1/4 despite having no claims at all for either of my horses and no exclusions. (Paying approximatly £80 a month for the two currently) but not sure what is the usual rate as haven't changed for a while). 2 horses both competing and around the 6 year oldmark. No veterinary issues but would like them covered for vet fees. Who would you recommend for both reliability and price? (Chocolate for those who got this far)

kc100

Visit site
I pay £32 for a 2 y/o that I do nothing with.....so £40 per month for a 6 y/o out competing sounds very reasonable. You can always have a shop around though if they have put your premium up that much, worth talking to a few other insurers to see if they can beat it. I'm with Petplan, KBIS, E&L and Shearwater I think are fairly competitively priced. NFU are always more expensive but they are much better in terms of service I believe.

PorkChop

Visit site
Sounds about right to be honest, but thats not to say that it might be worth ringing around for a few quotes.

The company I would recommend would be Equicover/Amtrust :)

budley95

Visit site
If you want the insurance cheaper you can increase the excess to about £450-£500 and just have vet's fees cover up to £3500?