Horse killed by Arsonists nr Kings Lynn

1CTrenowath

Visit site
Had a call this morning from my friend, hay barn across the road from her was set alight last night and a mare who was in with an abcess died. We have had problems with arsonists putting up stacks of straw in the fields and last autumn the local farmers entire store of hay was set alight, barn full of cattle were within yards of this. Poor poor mare. The only bit of good news is the police have taken this very seriously, used tracker dogs and have caught them, by the sounds of it pretty much red handed. One of them is another local farmers son, who funnily enough has never had any straw stacks go up......

airedale

Visit site
I think the little bastard should be tied up next to the body of the mare for two days

when the police investigated the arson that my horse was killed in we had to leave all the bodies where they were for 2 days before they could be removed as other horses had survived and were on the property. I'll never forget the sight of those bodies, particularly that of my own horse, lying in the remains of his stable

I'd like the little [****] to have to sit and look at that body for 48 hrs

airedale

Visit site
I hate reading about horse arsons - it really brings it all back as if it was yesterday

at least my vet assured me that the horses were unconscious from smoke before they would have felt anything else - although I still reckon they would have been terrified - so mental terror even if not physical pain.

my sympathy to the owner of the poor mare.

but now the prisons are full the little sh1t will get off with a slapped wrist - as horses are 'possessions' in the eyes of the law - so it will count the same in law as a burnt car or a stolen TV - the emotional aspect of it doesn't count as the 'victim' is not a person but 'merely' an animal.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
That is so very sad.
mad.gif

I am really glad they caught the little sh**s though but agree that they'll probably only get a slapped wrist.

Two years ago we lost a huge stack of straw that was just behind the stables with only a narrow lane between. Thankfully the wind was in the other direction or we could have lost my dear horses and 1200 pigs.
They never did find who did ours but we're not that far from you.
confused.gif

My heart goes out to the owners of the mare.
frown.gif

jemima

Visit site
We are not far south of you and my neighbour has just rung to say that her 10yo daughter disturbed someone walking down to their stables and hay/straw barn tonight. Apparently 3 other barns in the village have been hit but tonight's the first I have heard of it.

My horses are not near the barns at the moment and we only have a couple of big bales of hay in anyway but I am more than a little nervous. Sometimes having a large dog loose in the yard seems like a really good idea.

Tomorrow my boy will be in - his stable is joined to the hay barn.

jemima

Visit site
In fact I've just done a little more investigating. Three fires have been lit in our village bringing the total number on January 27/28 to 13 fires in a small area. What on earth do these people hope to achieve.

1CTrenowath

Visit site
Hi Jemima and Bananaman, could I ask where abouts you guys are- how near to us -pm if you prefer. We're unsure how far the police are going to take this at the moment. Are you near enough that these might be linked? One of the lads isn't from our village.....

WelshRareBit

Visit site
Thats disgusting. How people can be so barbaric and inhumane i dont know.
Id go further than airdale and say quite frankly they deserve to have the horses owner set fire to them and see how they like it...

shellonabeach

Visit site
I live in March and read about the fires in the link given in our local paper.

It didn't mention it but the last fire in the list, Upwell Road March where straw bales and a trailer were lost was a cattle farm - I wonder if all the animals were ok as they are all in for winter.

Such a worry - I remember this happening a couple of years ago around Wisbech St Mary..

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
that is bloody awful,it makes me so mad, what's wrong with these sicko's, why do they do it to poor helpless animals, i am so sorry airedale that this has happened to you, it must have been absolutely awful for you, RIP Rose xx