Horse livery safety

Silver300

New User
Visit site
Hi all first time posting so please bear with me 😅

Iv come here for some advice the farm I'm currently on the men how rent the property its a hay straw and so on farmer I'm currently pay £50 100% DIY with is supposed to include hay straw all you can use but here's the thing the hay and straw he will put out will be covered in mold black and white and hafe the time there will be none out for days at a time so we had to buy in the school surface it covered in stone and is terrible deep in parts and the tarpaulin under it comes up so there a trip hazard we all talk to him all he done is say its on the list for to do things iv been here 8 years if anyone has advice it would be appreciated

mini-eventer

Visit site
Either accept it, buy your own hay/bedding in and hack a lot, or leave. I would leave at £50per week to be honest. You can find better near me, however it might be cheap for your area

They are offering a product to you, you either take it or you don't

ihatework

Visit site
Round me, £50/week with adlib hay and straw and a school would be considered reasonably livery. So I'm not surprised quality is insufficient.
That said, if hay/straw is included in the price it shouldn't be at the detriment to the horses health.
School surface, well that isn't going to change any time soon.

Options - supply your own hay/straw and avoid the school or move elsewhere.

(Any chance you can use a bit of punctuation in the future - you might get more responses if people can understand your post easier)

Backtoblack

Visit site
Personally I'd move elsewhere. If you can't you need to buy in hay and bedding but have a word with the farmer about the unsuitability of what he is providing they feed cattle all sorts of rubbish and sometimes genuinely don't know horses need decent hay and straw. Seen it myself on several farms I've worked on.