Horse lorry breakdown cover

Justlearning

New User
Visit site
Please can people share their experience of horse lorry breakdown and rescue cover provided by either RAC or Equine Rescue Services. I am weighing up two different insurance policies- SEIB include cover provided by RAC whereas Anthony Evans include cover provided by Equine Rescue Services. Both are comparable (home start, roadside assistance, horse recovery and onward travel) but I wonder whether one is more reliable or better service than the other. Thank you.

VRIN

Visit site
I have mine through NFU. DOn't know what company they use but have found their service very good when I have needed to use it.

Pippity

Visit site
Mine's with Equine Rescue Services, through Anthony D Evans insurance. I haven't had to use them with a horse involved, but my gearbox seized during lockdown and the van was completely immovable. Gave ERS a call, and within a few hours a lorry was at my yard to pick up my van and take it to the garage of my choice. Couldn't fault them.

Bernster

Visit site
Check what they use to collect the horses if your lorry breaks down. I went for one that would send out an alternative lorry to collect them. Swapped from ERS as it didn’t include breakdown close to the yard although sounds like yours does. I use Kbis been v good.

Cowpony

Visit site
I'm with Anthony D Evans. Only used it once (touch wood) and the service was very good. The guy worked hard to get us back on the road.

PetalPower

Visit site
I've used Equine Rescue through my Anthony Evans insurance last week - mechanic out within an hour and problem sorted in a few minutes, great service!

catembi

Visit site
I recently had to use Anthony D Evans for the first time on Sunday for a home start. Fast, friendly service, chap turned up and had it sorted within minutes and also ran a few checks to see if there was anything that needed fixing. 10/10.

AccendoFox

New User
Visit site
Please can people share their experience of horse lorry breakdown and rescue cover provided by either RAC or Equine Rescue Services. I am weighing up two different insurance policies- SEIB include cover provided by RAC whereas Anthony Evans include cover provided by Equine Rescue Services. Both are comparable (home start, roadside assistance, horse recovery and onward travel) but I wonder whether one is more reliable or better service than the other. Thank you.
i have mine with Equine Rescue Services through Anthony Evans. I have had to use them a few times, cannot fault them! horse transporters are fabulous and always speedy ETA's! I also find it reassuring that you are speaking to someone with horsey knowledge on the phone! 10/10!