Horse-man-ship.

Tinypony

Visit site
Interesting. He looks very Parelli trained and his style reminds me of Honza Blaha and his students.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
whats so special:confused: 25 years ago i had a friend who could ride and jump her horse totally tackless, no sticks involved just a superb bond between her and her horse. she never purposely set out to teach her horse, it just happened, now that was impressive to me back then and still is now. JF doesn't seem to be doing anything spectacular there, certainly nothing new, granted his horses are lovely and very well trained :)

oh and my 10 yr old daughter can get her pony to follow her up and down the fence line in walk and trot, no sticks no treats, they do it for fun ;)

team barney

Visit site
I don't see anything special what so ever, yet another trainer reliant on a huge stick and even bigger spurs.

I don't like it at all, especially his jabbing hands with that curb on the black :( Another dominance trainer is all I see with tuned out horses doing his bidding for fear of the sticks ropes and spurs.

Edited to add, no surprises here, looking at his website he is another Parelli inspired abuser.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Visit site
whats so special:confused: 25 years ago i had a friend who could ride and jump her horse totally tackless, no sticks involved just a superb bond between her and her horse. she never purposely set out to teach her horse, it just happened, now that was impressive to me back then and still is now. JF doesn't seem to be doing anything spectacular there, certainly nothing new, granted his horses are lovely and very well trained :)

oh and my 10 yr old daughter can get her pony to follow her up and down the fence line in walk and trot, no sticks no treats, they do it for fun ;)

The point is it's not new or special, but it causes people to comment because not many people take the time it takes to bring their own horses up to this level. Any and all horses can do these things provided the handler understands how to achieve them. People focus on the wrong things and end up drilling the horse, so it runs through a series of 'trick' type manovers which is not what you are seeing here. To focus on the stick is also irrelavent to the training, all these sticks do is extend your reach, it makes things easier. You don't need a stick to do this, just like you don't need a bucket to carry stuff, it just makes things easier.

I'm not suprised a 10 yr old can form a relationship as you describe, I know lots of kids who have a good relationship with their horses, until it is spoiled by being 'taught' how to do things 'properly'.

It is nice though that you appreciate that JF's horses are lovely and very well trained.

Fellewell

Visit site
Wow, the Americans are soo good at the promotional stuff, aren't they. Great to watch even down to the use of the Evanescence track.
It's not you is it Pale Rider? If it is; Hey Dude! Lose the spurs!!