Horse massage - How much do you pay?

miss_molly

www.katevickersequestrian.webs.com
Just doing some market research and wanted some answers to a few simple questions about equine massage. These can either be from personal experience or what you would expect is you decided to use these services?

Do you use an equine massage service?
What qualifications does the person have?
How long are appointments and whats the cost per massage?
Are travel charges included?
When / Why would you have someone massage your horse?
How frequently is your horse seen?
When is the best time for appointments? (evening/weekend/ weekdays etc)

Thanks in advance.

Visit site
Do you use an equine massage service? I use a McTimoney Chiropractor
What qualifications does the person have? Not sure but I know she has got a degree in something
How long are appointments and whats the cost per massage? £30 for half an hour
Are travel charges included? Yes
When / Why would you have someone massage your horse? Mine all have a check-up every six months anyway, but I would get her out before the check-up was due if any of them had an accident or if I thought they were in pain.
How frequently is your horse seen? Once every six months
When is the best time for appointments? (evening/weekend/ weekdays etc) Depends on my working hours which vary, but usually weekday afternoons.

Spotsrock

Visit site
40 quid for as long as they need mctimoney and massage every 5 or 6 months unless something crops up sooner. A little less if they are all done at once. There's massive difference afterward and she's fab. Not about the money at all. Has shown me how to do a daily massage as beau's back has not been good.

juliette

Visit site
Just doing some market research and wanted some answers to a few simple questions about equine massage. These can either be from personal experience or what you would expect is you decided to use these services?

Do you use an equine massage service? yes
What qualifications does the person have?can't be bothered to get off the sofa to check, but i know it was a 3 year course!
How long are appointments and whats the cost per massage?£30 for approx 1 hour but she does longer if needed
Are travel charges included?yes
When / Why would you have someone massage your horse?he gets a bit stiff in his shoulder and back leg so to help with that
How frequently is your horse seen?varies depending on how he is, between monthly and quarterly
When is the best time for appointments? (evening/weekend/ weekdays etc)weekday when the kids are at school

Thanks in advance.

the lady i use is fab!

Fuzznugget

gloucestershirehorseriders.webs.com
Do you use an equine massage service? Yes

What qualifications does the person have? ITEC DIPLOMA, REMEDIAL & SPORTS MASSAGE DIPLOMA, EQUINE MASSAGE AWARENESS GRADUATE, MEMBER OF THE ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICAL & NATURAL THERAPISTS, MEMBER OF THE BRITISH COMPLIMENTARY MEDICINE ASSOCIATION, MEMBER OF RACING WELFARE & BRITISH HORSE SOCIETY (from his website)

How long are appointments and whats the cost per massage? £45 for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how horse is that day

Are travel charges included? yes

When / Why would you have someone massage your horse? Gets a bit stiff through the back and on one side

How frequently is your horse seen? 8-10 weeks, as needed

When is the best time for appointments? (evening/weekend/ weekdays etc) Whenever really, though it helps if the OH is off that day to look after kiddies.

Nicnac

Visit site
Do you use an equine massage service? Yes

What qualifications does the person have? BSc (Hons) in Equine Sports Science, Equine Sports Massage Diploma (traine with Mary Bromiley MBE. Diploma in Holistic Massage for humans.

How long are appointments and whats the cost per massage? As long as it needed and just gone up to £35 per horse.

Are travel charges included? Yes

When / Why would you have someone massage your horse? General wellbeing especially during eventing season.

How frequently is your horse seen? Every 8 weeks or so.

When is the best time for appointments? (evening/weekend/ weekdays etc) For me evenings/weekends

Thanks in advance.