Horse memorials / keep sakes?

maxapple

Visit site
My pony was put to sleep last week. At some point I'd like to think about having something made as a keepsake, but not sure what.

I have lots of photo's that I will make into a photo book at some point, but would like another memento that I can keep. I have one of his shoes and part of his tail. I'm know you can get horse hair jewellery which is an option.

Has anyone had anything different as a memento? He was such a character so I'd like something special.

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
If you have a pandora bracelet or something that'll take the beads, Facebook 'horse & human hair jewelry' - I haven't tried them myself but they were recommended from another forum member who had.
Again, 'swish horse hair jewellery' on FB are also supposed to be good, but again never ordered from them.

I have a bracelet from Hamish and Ozzie which I'm very pleased with. From other companies though you can get necklaces, stock pins, rings etc.

Pigeon

Visit site
Someone I know had a shoe polished and put in a box frame, that was really pretty. You can also get clenches turned into rings or pendants.

Hamish and Ozzie's stuff is very nice. I have some of my old boy's tail and would like to get something made too eventually.

suestowford

Visit site
I've got one of my old horse's shoes nailed up above the fireplace. I painted it with Hammerite to stop it going rusty.
What about having a nice painting/drawing done that you could frame and hang up?

Hippophilia

Visit site
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my girl in February and I've only just decided what to do as a memento. I have some of her tail and I'm getting it made into a stock pin I can wear when competing as she was a dressage dream and I like the thought of her being with me for tests. I've also framed her bit over some burlap in a simple frame and have it hanging in my sewing room. I hope you find something for you, I was surprised how difficult I found it to think of the right thing that wouldn't be too cheesy or twee.

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
I had three lovely resin hearts done, one contained part of my boys tail, one my girlies and one both. Forget me nots also in, just lovely. Very special momento. Got mine from enchanted horse, I'm going to ask her to do me a keyring also.

I also had a lovely montage picture done from BE photography using my favourite pics, really stunning and unusual.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
My pony was put to sleep last week. At some point I'd like to think about having something made as a keepsake, but not sure what.

I have lots of photo's that I will make into a photo book at some point, but would like another memento that I can keep. I have one of his shoes and part of his tail. I'm know you can get horse hair jewellery which is an option.

Has anyone had anything different as a memento? He was such a character so I'd like something special.
This was created to help others

http://horse-care-and-advice.weebly.com/in-memoriam--cremation-of-your-horse-or-pony.html

dibbin

Visit site
Sorry for your loss :( My sister and I both have pendants from Shpangle, with small strands of hair cast in coloured resin. Mick is really lovely and very helpful.

This is my sister's:
IMG_139674499607019.jpeg

Last edited:

BayLady

Visit site
I have a bracelet made of her tail hair and have a ring with the hair set in it on order. I had a really beautiful portrait done from a photo and I have a tattoo on my leg that's in memory of her. Her headcollar hangs off the end of my bed.

ETA, I also planted an apple tree in the garden which has a plaque dedicated to her on a stake next to it.

deb_l222

Visit site
Whatever you decide will be lovely as it will be a personal and beautiful reminder for you.

I had a portrait commissioned as I wanted something to look at every day. Sadly there's now two more on the way but that's another story but this is the one I had done years ago.

380B13DD-25EE-4278-8A35-468B71C87A50.jpg

piglet99

Visit site
SO sorry to hear of your loss... it's the one bad thing about having animals - losing them :( I've lost a few over the years, but each one still carries a special place in my heart. I've had a few pieces made now by gemosi and i love them all. i've a necklace and a few bracelets and the service is really good. they have a website www.gemosi.com.
i love the portrait idea too and the photo montage. have loads of photos of my lot done over the years.
thinkng of you x