Horse Movies

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I don't have Netflix, so I don't know what films that is or isn't available, but the first films that I came to think of is War Horse, Secretariat, Hidalgo, Seabiscuit, The Man From Snowy River and National Velvet (in the order of oldest last).

I can't resist also mentioning a film that isn't a horse film, but there are a few horses in it, and it just melted my heart, A bear named Winnie.

khalswitz

Visit site
Again don't have netflix so don't know if these are on... But agree with all of the above, plus the Flicka films, the Black Stallion, Phar Lap, and Flambards :)

mandwhy

Visit site
Dark horse is quite good in a channel 5 sort of way. Also watch heartland which is a series on Netflix and it is Amazeballs!! If you like it then you have much viewing to keep you occupied :)

Floxie

Visit site
Oooh I didn't know there were movies of the Flicka books! I was trying to find them for kindle recently, gutted I couldn't - absolutely loved them as a kid, though I remember being disappointed as the emphasis became more god than horses towards the end :( Whatever your faith, ponies make better reading ;)

Clare85

Visit site
I watched Secretariat on Netflix last night and really enjoyed it. Slightly cheesy in places but that's horsey films for you I suppose! :)

khalswitz

Visit site
Oooh I didn't know there were movies of the Flicka books! I was trying to find them for kindle recently, gutted I couldn't - absolutely loved them as a kid, though I remember being disappointed as the emphasis became more god than horses towards the end :( Whatever your faith, ponies make better reading ;)

They're not really based on the Flicka books!!! Or should I say VERY loosely based. The first one is a sort of similar storyline but with a girl protagonist, the following ones are completely unrelated. But they are good if not really much like the book... So don't expect the books :)