Horse named Clyde, show names please?

delbino7

Visit site
Not one for a silly post but can anyone think of a show name for my gelding called "Clyde" he's a fully hogged maxi cob, I like the idea of something to do with bonnie and Clyde? Any ideas would be fab! Mostly do unaffilaited SJ as no bsja anywhere near us?

Shay

Visit site
You are stuck with his passport name I'm afraid - unless he is passported as un-named?

delbino7

Visit site
This is more of what I was thinking. I love gangster and love outlaw I'm thinking either "the gangster" or "gangsters outlaw" I love them both! Thankyou! Xx

Shay

Visit site
Even if you only compete unaffiliated there are drawbacks to not using your passport name.

Loads of unaffiliated shows also contribute to club points, a local rider league, have qualifiers for the sunshine tour, or cricklands or similar. If you compete under a false name you are not going to be allowed to take those qualifications forward. Even if you qualify for just the "end of the day" championship class you could be challenged that it wasn't the horse you completed the first class on. You could also be challenged if you wanted to enter a restricted class - for example combination not to have competed at X or above - if you are already competing under a false name someone might challenge your eligibility on the basis that you are already known to compete under a false name. (Never underestimate what other people do sometimes to eliminate competition!)

I know many small unaffiliated venues don't do vaccine checks - but some do and many more should. If you are competing under a false name you can't prove your horse is vaccinated.

And finally if you ever do come to sell - or just want to boast - you won't be able to claim any of your victories as yours because they are in a false name.

Sorry - I don't want to be a kill joy. But I have decades of experience in low level competition and the difficulties this can cause people.

delbino7

Visit site
My horses are all vaccinated up to date and I agree they should check them at all competitions. The whole breeding, passport diagram for his markings would also prove who he is he's not exactly inconspicuous and very different.
I've spoken to the passport agency and they've confirmed I can change his name on the passport at a price I'm willing to pay. All low level competitions I ride at are more for fun and if I did want to affiliate then his correct show name would be on the passport once I've changed it-hence this post.
My riding club and local pony clubs know me and my horse aswell as the local venues we go to have fun at so there won't be an identity issue there anyway

be positive

Visit site
I don't have any problem with changing the name on a generic passport with no recorded breeding, many have a basic name with little thought given and if they do ever compete affiliated they will have a roman numeral added, a horse called Clyde will end up as ClydeXXX hardly memorable or original.
It is different if they have a breed passport and properly thought out name, often with a prefix, that should not be changed as it is unfair on a breeder who has produced and registered a youngster and may wish to follow the progress over the years, also important that the stallion is recognised and given credit where due.

As for ideas for a name, Clyde was Clyde Chestnut Barrow, not really a name that has a good ring to it, I like Outlaw as part of the name it is easier to use than Clyde, Just an Outlaw, He was an Outlaw, With Outlaw, Outlaw Clyde, Cobaboutlaw if you want cob in it.