Horse netting- anyone got it?

showjump

Visit site
Thinking of re fencing some of our land with horse netting.

Has anyone got any experiences with the product, also pros/ cons etc?

Thank you!

custard

Visit site
No but I think it's quite expensive even compared to half round post and rail. I thought about using it but wire of any kind makes me think of a horrible accident I dealt with a few years back.

Pony turned out overnight in high winds got spooked and crashed through the very good, and strong post and rail fencing. The sheep netting used on top got caught in the pony's tail some 20 metres of it and it galloped two miles down the road towards the nearest town, obviously terrifed of this dragon that was attached to it's back end. Sadly it met with a car coming from the town and was killed.

Obviously a freak set of circumstances but just goes to show it can happen.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I am not sure what you mean, we use a product call keepsafe which is very closely linked wire netting that gives if a horse runs into it. It is very common on TB studs esp in paddocks for mares and foals as they are very good at getting their legs caught in post and rail. I also rescued one of our heavies that had her legs caught in post and rail earlier this year and it horrific what it did to her as she panicked to try and get free.