Horse owners how often do you ride?

lucky7

Visit site
I do try and aim for 5 days per week bit with 2 horses to ride, 4 days a week working and running a business and 4 children Inc a toddler and a 1 yr old to look after I do struggle!

Shadowdancing

Visit site
Have had many weeks when I rode about 5 days and lunged on another as a minimum, even rode twice a day at times, but at the minute I'm sick and I've not ridden for 2 weeks. :(

Annagain

Visit site
At the moment about once a week if I'm lucky thanks to the delightful mother in law and a very busy time in work and organising events where other people get to ride. Need to redress the balance soon! Normally ride 4/5 times a week.

nikkimariet

Visit site
My own? Anything from 3-5 times a week.

Fig now competing PSG but I'll always maintain horses should have varied work and regular days off. I don't do more than 2 days of schooling in a row if I can avoid it and never the same muscle groups consecutively :)

A few of the people I teach ask me to hop on occasionally and that can be once twice or three times a week. Totally depends!

croissant

Visit site
Usually 8 days out of 10 and in all weathers, because my shift pattern allows it and my horse needs the work - she has PSSM and thrives on hard work. On one of the 2 consecutive days when I can't ride, my instructor will do something with her. In summer I could ride on those days, but after 10 hours at work and a 1hr30 drive home through rush hour traffic I'd rather not!