Horse Passport Name Change help

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
What do you think

My horses stable name is kendall previous owners changed his name from tonto to kendall when he was3/4

his passport name is ffossygwynadau tonto something along those lines noone can pronounce or spell and when i come to register him be and bsja do you think its bad to change it i wouldnt mind if he was a welsh but he is far from a welsh ill put pic on it totally doesnt suit him but i am abit supersticous so dont want it to be bad luck

And if i do what do i change it to ? he is 17.2 gelding

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
397203_4315792645552_764869131_n.jpeg

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
If I had bred the horse, I'd be most put out if the name was changed.

However, there's nothing preventing you from doing so if you wanted to.

Bobbly

Visit site
I think you can call him what you like on his BSJA registration, our horse was Gamble on his passport but daughter jumped him under something else for BSJA.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
If I had bred the horse, I'd be most put out if the name was changed.

However, there's nothing preventing you from doing so if you wanted to.

Absolutely this especially if it is a registered prefix. It's easy enough to say if you break it down to ffoss y gwyn a dau.

If you do want to change it when you register officially then I think it costs a lot more - as it should, breeders work hard for their recognition.

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
It's just too obvious:D

I like tonto too .. but to late to change that bit i think i would like his show name more if his stable name was tonto would mean more may the easy answer is to leave his passport as it is even though i dont know breeder and cant find them either still wouldnt like to upset

i could just register him as tonto or kendall when i come to register be and bsja this year aslong as its ok that it doesnt match passport he has never been registered before

Barleyboo

Visit site
I shall watch this with interest as I've been wondering how easy it is to get a passport name changed myself. It's not that I don't like my cob's name but it's the shortened 'pet name' on the passport and I'd prefer it was his full one.

Singing Dawg

Lang may yer lum reek
Visit site
my lot all think they're called "Come On Come On", i just have to holler it once and they're on their way!

Change His name to what you want, if you leave the welsh name hardly anyone will be able to say it and you'd just get a seconds hesitation then a quick mumble.

We have a Belgian horse and its never had its foreign name pronounced the same way twice when it went out jumping.

Agree the breeder might be annoyed, if they ever find out!

zoelouisem

Visit site
My daughters pony has had a name change on her passport. I dont know why i prefer the old one It was Starlight and has been changed to BJ's Celtic Star. Although the previous owners double barrelled name was started with B and J. I wanted to change it back to the original name but shes also been registered with the BSJA so would have to change both and it would cost to much for me.:(
At the moment though shes just going to pony club/unaffiliated shows so she goes under her stable name Star which suits her because she really is a Star bless her!!!:)