Horse photoshoot

dodgers89

Visit site
I have a gorgeous dark bay horse on loan and very sadly he is having to be sold :( I'm having a photographer come and take some pictures of him tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on making him look his best? He looks pretty good this time of year anyway - he's lovely and shiny! I've given him and bath and I'm about to clean his bridle. Is there anything I could do to make his photos really great?
Thanks! :)

Hawks27

Visit site
When I had to prep the fresians for a carriage event we spray them with showsheen and polish like mad either with a sheepskin mitt or a good quality horse/goat hair body brush they really do shine with it.
Good old canter mane and tail spray leaves them nice and silky too and added bonus smells quite nice :)
Baby oil on the muzzle, appropriate coloured hoof grease for the horse, talc for the white bits usual show tricks lol

BeingKate

Visit site
Make sure you are well turned out too :) when I do shoots most owners do the whole 'I couldnt possibly be in the photos' thing, then they get into it and enjoy beig in the picures, then say 'I wish I was wearing some cleaner tidier clothes' etc :) sorry to hear he is going :(

dodgers89

Visit site
Thanks for the tips :) he has a bit of white on one foot so I think talc will come in useful! I was planning on being in the photos so I guess I'll need to find something to wear at some point!

fatpiggy

Visit site
Ha, I prepped my mare for a visit by a press photographer and half an hour before he was due, he phoned to say he was going to be a bit delayed - good job really as I went to check on her in the small paddock and she had dug up the ground and rolled in it. Completely filthy.

Joanne_Stockport

Visit site
I always recommend my clients to have a clean horse and have either a nice bridle or head collar. It better using neutral colours for the head collar/bridle (black or brown).
For the person I recommend my clients not to wear something with a big logo. Also make sure the colours you wear goes with the horse ! If your horse is white it's better not wearing bright colours such as red because it can reflect on the horse and you will have a pink horse.
Nice boots, jeans or nice jodhpurs or even a nice skirt. If you have a top and a coat you can wear the coat for some shots and take it off on other ones so the photos looks different. Your photographer should have given you some suggestions !
Hope this helps.