Horse portrait artists. Any recommendations?

Caol Ila

Visit site
I have portraits of all my horses except for Hermosa. My friend took a lovely headshot of her, but she had schmutz on her camera lens, so it won't work as a canvass wall hanging.

If I could find an artist to draw/paint a portrait based on that photo, then the schmutz would not matter. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I have portraits of all my horses except for Hermosa. My friend took a lovely headshot of her, but she had schmutz on her camera lens, so it won't work as a canvass wall hanging.

If I could find an artist to draw/paint a portrait based on that photo, then the schmutz would not matter. Does anyone have any recommendations?
A guy from my work did mine , its his hobby. It was his first horse he ever painted 😁IMG_5917.jpeg

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site

I only use Karen Herbert, and have many portraits from her of my horses. https://karenherbertportraits.com/

one of my portraits
1688329592288.png

EventingMum

Visit site
Madeline Juniper does fantastic oil portraits but does prefer to take her own photos. She used to have a stand at Blair but didn't last year so I'm not sure if she'll be there this year. She has done my dogs but is equally good at horses.

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
Madeline Juniper does fantastic oil portraits but does prefer to take her own photos. She used to have a stand at Blair but didn't last year so I'm not sure if she'll be there this year. She has done my dogs but is equally good at horses.
She did a painting from a picture I had taken of a friend's driving pony and it is incredible!
I would recommend MahArt on Facebook! She did Rog for my sister and it looks amazing! I'm booked in to get Thena done so I'm looking forward to that!

JoA

Visit site
'I Paint Your Pet', Valerie Reynolds. I have the most fantastic painting of my two greys. Valerie was given a selection of photos of them taken individually and she put them together. The painting excluding frame is 50cm x 60cm. Highly recommended. I came across her at Burghley several years ago.
I love your painting IluvCowparsley. Similar vein to mine but with two greys.

PurBee

Visit site
That‘s exquisite! The colours are fabulous and really compliment the horse colour.

@littleshetland beautiful work, such an amazing talent! I’ll definitely be in touch in the future for a portrait of my pair 🙂