Horse Prices

genie

Visit site
Is it just me or are people panic selling and dropping prices of horses to absolute rock bottom prices?..If this is the case..........why????

I had for sale recently 2 very nice 4 year olds.....of course, you always get people who think they are better at what they do than they are.....and I refused to sell my horses to them( posted about this previously). then, you get the jokers...the real wheeler dealers, tycoons.whatever you want to call them( cos they really think they are all that, don't they?).....the ones that arrive, pick holes in what you have for sale( if the animal is as bad as they say, why would they want to buy?)..then they drop the bombshell and offer a ridiculous amount( which is insulting)....

I suppose I am fortunate, I don't have to sell..but then really, who does?

I heard the phrase......"Ooh, lovely animal, but needs a lot of work spending on it......"......How can we even think that being around horses is anything remotely like work?.its meant to be pleasure.if we consider it work, what are we doing with horses in the first place?

There are plenty genuine and good bargains out there......no need to panic........so I would just like to know, what is really going on?.....and also, I would love to put a sticker on the farm gate for when we next have something to sell.....No More Dreamers Or Idiots Here Please.We Love Our Horses.

billyslad

Visit site
Judging on the auction prices at Goresbridge Cavan and Goffs prices seem to be off about 40% from peak . I think the auction prices are a very good guide at the sentiment HnH still makes me laugh when I see dreamers advertising Pre-novice horses for £15k plus

ajb123

Visit site
Speaking as a prospective buyer I cannot see there has been much of a drop in prices in our area (Worc/glos area). Horses advertised as "confidence givers" with no competition record for £15,000! 4yo with "potential" £11.500 - all I am looking for is a nice, sane and safe 16hh allrounder and you would think I should be able to get one for my budget (5k) but so far no luck!

Firewell

Visit site
Its like houses in my opinion! Some people are still pricing their horses high but people are starting to refuse to pay such a high price, however owners are unwilling to drop the price so there is a bit of a stand off.
The knock on effect of the credit crunch and the banks not lending money is yet to hit properly. You will see horse prices fall dramatically over the next year as you will see house prices fall, unemployment rise etc. Even people who are so wealthy that they arent affected by the impeding recession are wealthy because they are smart and they wont pay a rediculous price for something that is no longer worth it.
smile.gif