Horse Psychic's - any experiances??

salmon001

North Yorkshire, on the edge of the moors
Visit site
Hi guys,
i'm thinking of getting a horse psychis to talk to my 2 horses, one who is very stressy for anything to do with cantering and the other has serious seperation anxiety.
has anyone used a psychis and what were your experiances, good bad and ugly ones as they are not cheap but on paper seem to do a job!
they have both had backs checked, teeth and a saddle that does not nip pinch rub or move.
xx

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
I know it's a personal decision but I'd save your money hun. Problems with cantering is likely to be physical rather than psychic, possibly a saddle problem or even a rider technique problem. Find a good instructor and have some lessons - should pinpoint where the problem lies. In any event, before a horse receives "complementary" treatment for a veterinary/health problem, by law the vet should approve the treatment first. Separation anxiety is often rooted in lack of trust or management, either past or present. The horse may have been weaned too early or have had many changes of homes or yards and thus changes of companion. If a horse is kept with eg only 1 other companion and that companion is removed (for riding or something) then the horse will often get frantic if left on his own. My personal experience of communicators is that the law of averages and good listening skills will mean that a good "communicator" will get it right occasionally but by and large it's an avenue desperate owners go down and the results are no help whatsoever.

I guess we all have to ask ourselves why, if it's such a brilliant diagnostic tool, vets don't have "communicators" on their staff or prescribe their services on a regular basis. There'll probably be many replies with owners saying it's worked for them but there'll also be a massive silent majority who won't even bother to answer. Be critical, be honest, be brave.

Bugly

Visit site
I used one recently and she was very accurate......... for the long term she just helped re-inforce the underlying problems that I knew deep down were not helping towards my mares scittish behaviour....ie: teeth, pelvis out and saddle not fitting well.

To summarise, she didn't tell me anything I didn't already know but it was incredible how she communicated with the horse and the things she knew about her just through a photograph. I found the whole experience very deep and felt different after the conversation bewteen myself, the physic and the horse. The horse had questions she wanted to ask me......like where was her 'friend' that she was seperated from when she moved to my yard...and i was able reassure the horse that she was OK. So if that made my mare happy it was worth it.

Go for it! £30/£40 is nothing to loose and you might just find out something you dont already know.

flyingfeet

Visit site
If Derren Brown can make people say things in under a few minutes, most of the good "telephone" psychics are reading you rather than your horse.

If it gives you peace of mind then fine, but there is no way in hell anyone can communicate with a horse over the phone via a human!

I have more respect for the communicators who come out to see the animals, the rest just have a money making system like all the phone psychics you see in the back of cheap papers!

mainpower

Visit site
What area are you in... I can reccomend someone who works Kent/Surreym but would probably travel further. He also is uncannily accurate over the phone.