Horse Refuses to Follow Vets Orders!

Chavhorse

Visit site
My Mare gave us all a scare last week by coming out of her stable on three legs with her off hind so swollen from thigh to fetlock it looked like she had morphed into an elephant.

After a frantic few hours of vet, mobile x-ray machine (vet thought maybe it was a fracture) Vet decided it was an infection and she was put on intravenous anibiotiics, anti inflammatories and painkillers and in 48 hours made a huge improvement.

She continues to do well and her leg has dramatically gone down now although i wish she understood that the vets permission to "mouch about a bit" does not include;

a) Jumping the fence to go and mess about with my other horse

b) Jumping back over the fence when I shouted "What the hell are you doing"

c) untying herself on the yard mouching off up the path and pushing open the gate so she can go and mess about with my other horse again.

d) Trotting off down the drive after the 30 year old pony (who she had been put out with as 30 year old pony was considerd a "Good influence") to go find the field with more grass in it

* NOTE* Messing about means, galloping up and down, flybucking, a game of chicken to see who would duck out first, a game of you canter that way I'll canter this way and lets see if we collide in the middle, a session of powersliding (she stayed upright my gelding however gave it the full body board experience.

I despair

emma.is

Visit site
sounds like she needs a good sitting down! Silly pony, at least you might be able to make some money for your vet bills is elephant-pony carries on, you could open a safari experience!

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
LOL they do like to test our endurance don't they :p

You do however have my full sympathy

My mare was put on box rest following a nasty case of concussive laminitus in all 4 feet :( Mare however had other ideas :rolleyes: As we only have a field shelter we blocked the door way up to about 3ft and figured as she was so sore she would stay put. Not happening :eek:She jumped out and the more we tried to put her in the more stressed she got and I didn't fancy adding colic to our problems

Next morning I got there to find her in the stable with a very proud look on her face as if to say 'Aren't I good' :D