Horse rider insurance?

PoniesRock

Visit site
Just wondering if any of you have got insurance to cover you as a rider?

My horse is insured but I was just wondering if anyone has insurance to cover themselves if you fall off and cant work for x amount of time? Or something like that.

Ive done a quick google, but been a bit confused by it all! So opinions would be welcome - whos good and who to avoid!?

Thank you!

HollyB66

Visit site
I'd be interested to hear if there is any available. I've just had 2 stints of 2 weeks off because of a fall.

FoxTrotx

Visit site
I have personal accident cover that pays out specific amounts for individual injuries. There is also such a thing as income insurance that covers a percentage of your wage if you are unable to work through injury or illness. I have mine with Barclays as I work there ;)

pogface

Visit site
I have rider insurance with e&l. I don't have my own horse but I share and have had rider insurance for quite some time. Covers me for damages caused when out riding.... Never used it yet! (touches wood) Pay about £10 a month. Originally got it because the owner of a horse I wanted to ride said she wouldn't let me out the gate without it!

Merlin11

Visit site
i have just taken out personal accident insurance for myself and oh - it will basically pay the mortgage if we have a serious accident - doesn't cover you if you compete though

PoniesRock

Visit site
Ooo, maybe I should have a look with my bank first then! Hadn't thought of that tbh!

I was thinking about adding it onto my horse insurance - has anyone else done this? And if u claim on your riders insurance does it count as a claim on the horse insurance too? Or is it run as two almost separate sections!?