Horse share Herts vs Cambs or Beds?

Bedlam

Visit site
I'm looking for a sharer for my daughter's eventer - he's a lovely chap with great manners and fab on the road. He'd ideally suit a Mum with kiddies at school who wanted to ride term time as my daughter is obviously home school hols and competes him.

We're stabled at a yard with an indoor school and access to super hacking, and I don't know quite what else I can do to find someone who would like to ride him to be honest.

My question is - do you think there's a difference in the number of people who take on a shared horse from county to county?

I think that more people share horses in Beds and Cambs than in Herts......but that's only from my experience.

Does anybody else have any views on regional sharing differences?

Snowysadude

Visit site
Haha nice subtle advertising - Im assuming your in Herts? I have actually found more sharers in herts than leics/notts due to there being a lot less horses - but then i am inside the m25 so nearer London and we get a lot of people who live in/near london wanting to share on our yard as its relitavley close! we all have sharers on our yard, literally everyone :)

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
but then i am inside the m25 so nearer London and we get a lot of people who live in/near london wanting to share on our yard as its relitavley close!

Agree with that. The people I know who have got more experienced riders have drawn on people in London.
You get alot of people from outside London or abroad who have moved there who aren't at a point in their life where they can have their own horse but are very experienced riders.

Having said that it's not a great time of year to get a sharer.