Horse share SW London

Pippsy

New User
Visit site
I am looking for a horse share for my 20yo daughter who has dropped out of Uni with anxiety and depression. She is a confident and competent rider (was in school polo team) and I feel some horse time would more beneficial for her than spending yet more money on counselling. She is tall but lightweight so anything 14.2-15.2hh would work, the most important thing is that the yard must be easily accessible by public transport.

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
Have you looked at any of the Surrey Facebook horse sites? Or you could look for livery yards which would be easy for her to get to and contact them directly to ask if they know of anyone looking for a share

wren123

Visit site
I'm sorry no help with a share but would she be up to volunteering with Riding for the Disabled?
Where I volunteer there are riding opportunities and lots of horse handling.

stangs

Visit site
Have a look on the London Horse and Pony group on FB, there’s been a few Barnet area horses up for part loan recently and those yards are mostly very easy to get to by public transport. There’s also Cecil’s horse sanctuary in Borehamwood if riding isn’t a must.

On the south side of London, there’s Operation Centaur in Richmond, though it’s a little on the pricy/formal side. Equally well, you could message Lower Morden EC or the Durdans and ask if any of their liveries are looking for sharers.

Otherwise, there’s a few yards around the Kent border (Erith, Bromley, Swanley) that are accessible by public transport but it’s very varied.

I'm sorry no help with a share but would she be up to volunteering with Riding for the Disabled?
Where I volunteer there are riding opportunities and lots of horse handling.
Do you mind me asking where you volunteer? I’ve been thinking about volunteering at a RDA centre but don't want to just be side-walking.

wren123

Visit site
Have a look on the London Horse and Pony group on FB, there’s been a few Barnet area horses up for part loan recently and those yards are mostly very easy to get to by public transport. There’s also Cecil’s horse sanctuary in Borehamwood if riding isn’t a must.

On the south side of London, there’s Operation Centaur in Richmond, though it’s a little on the pricy/formal side. Equally well, you could message Lower Morden EC or the Durdans and ask if any of their liveries are looking for sharers.

Otherwise, there’s a few yards around the Kent border (Erith, Bromley, Swanley) that are accessible by public transport but it’s very varied.

Do you mind me asking where you volunteer? I’ve been thinking about volunteering at a RDA centre but don't want to just be side-walking.
I've pm'd you