Horse Share

elkiebean

www.sendbarnsequestrian.co.uk
Hi, I am possibly getting a 14.3-15hh horse and would be looking to have sharer on him.

i am wondering what sorts of prices people charge and pay? he is a skewbald, very scopey, done a lot (competing, hacking, been to the wales championships, just generally a very nice horse). it would be 2/3 days possibly one day on the weekend.

surrey area.

any replies would be great, Thanks

Wizzkid

Visit site
Hiya sounds like you have a lovely horse, i bet lots of poeple will be interested.

I share a 16.2hh Irish sports horse who can do everything and is lovely on the ground :) in Guildford. I pay £150 a month for at least 4 days a week. I do muck him out poo pick etc on my days and buy him lots of goodies but then that is up to me.
There is also someone who pays £200 a month for a share on a youngster on my yard who only rides him twice a week.
Hope that gives you some idea :)

elkiebean

thanks for the reply, very helpful.

i was thinking about 200 per month for 3 days but the person would be able to compete him if they wanted and no stables duties. would like a dressage person as he needs lots of flat work done but really is an amazing pony :)

(he isnt actually mine yet, but am in the process. working out money to see if it is do able)

fingers crossed, he is my actual dream horse!!! :) oh he is 10 by the way hehe

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I know it differs by area/horse but £200 is really the top end sharing - £100 is more normal and less than that often. I would make sure that you have the money to keep the horse with out a sharer just in case?

Is it really £400 for you to keep the horse a month? is that full livery?

noblesteed

Visit site
yes your price seems steep! I only paid £20 a week plus shoeing to share a 14.3 sj schoolmistress, I had her as many days as I liked at a competition yard and got to compete locally too.
I had a sharer for 2 days a week who hacked my horse and did stable chores on her days, and I didn't charge her anything!
you need to bear in mind a lot of yards will charge YOU for exercising your horse. I paid £9 an hour for a dressage rider to school my horse for me.

Wizzkid

Visit site
Honestly sharing/owning a horse in Guildford is crazy expensive.
Our yard is £510 a month full livery and £400 DIY.
What yard are you looking to move to?
Good luck buying your horse how exciting :)

elkiebean

thanks for the replies, we have our own yard and so are entitled to one free horse. part livery is 550 and then goes up from there. He could be no lower than 200 per month for 3 days per week as the money has to go straight to my mum for her horses keep. i then pay 160 for dominos shoes, insurance ect.

the person will be able to take him to shows ect and he really is worth it!!!

the yard is send barns equestrian.