Horse Share

Bedlam

Visit site
So - I'm thinking of offering up a share of my daughter's horse, but it's not going to be that straightforward and I was wondering whether anyone had any advice....

Basically my daughter has a really rather nice eventer that she will be (hopefully) doing JRN or whatever they are now by the end of the summer next year. We keep him on assisted livery with an indoor school, and my daughter is at boarding school in her GCSE year. I seem to be doing rather a lot of lungeing and ground work during the week in term time to keep him going and paying rather a lot for him to be hacked out and schooled by the yard manager or her old instructor. It seems a bit of a waste to be honest.

I wouldn't want a teenager riding him, and I wouldn't want him competed. I'd also want my daughter to have sole use of him when she's home (weekends/half terms/hols). I was thinking it might suit a mum with kids at school who has time during the day term time and wants to ride non-competitively? Actually, I don't think I'd mind a few RC comps....just no affiliated stuff, and nothing when my daughter is home.

So all this is rather restrictive isn't it? Do you think anybody would be happy with this sort of arrangement? He's a cracking horse with a lovely nature, and I've never seen him do anything silly/buck/kick/rear. He's great to hack and I think could give someone heaps of fun - but am I being silly?

Many thanks!

Maisy

Visit site
I would think he would be ideal for a mother with kids at school, as you say....certainly if you weren't looking for any payment....

All you can do is advertise, and see what response you get.....