Horse share.

Lucytblover

New User
Visit site
Hi there I am struggling to find a horse to share in the Chessington/Claygate area , as I am really interested in sharing a TB,Warmblood, Connie type , Irish sports horse as I'd like to hack and do clinics, I've shared cobs before I like somthing more forward , I've been riding TBs and Irish sport horses in the school. The horse has to be good in all ways . If anyone can help me find something I'll be most grateful.

I hope I can post this here .

Shay

Visit site
I'm in the area and there is no real shortage of shares available here. The virus has hit hard - we're an expensive area. But there are also a lot of potential sharers looking right now too.

Without revealing too much about who you are - especially if you are in fact a minor.....Your age / experience / references? What you are looking to achieve? Have you only ridden in a school environment? Your height / weight? What financial contribution / days?

PM if preferred.

Lucytblover

New User
Visit site
I am 32 years of age i actually owned a horse at the black Barn years ago in Chessington. No not always ridden In a riding school I took 7 years out , after I retired my cob he is now gone as in desease. I re took up riding back in 2016 , now I feel like I want to be more involved again I miss the interaction. My previous share was just to young and was 4 years old . I want to hack and do clinics on something that is a bit more schooled . My height I am 5'5 my weight around 9 stoneish , I am not a novice though I am used to TBs and Irish sport horses or crosses . My budget is a 100 per month . Just something fun that's all.

Shay

Visit site
I can see your add on one of the two horses for share in surrey pages. Keep trying FB as there are share adds on everything horses surrey and surrey H&P etc. There are just so many groups! I see you don't drive so that will limit you to shares on the barwell estate group of properties? Also if you can get there the advert boards at Rokers and Chobham Rider?

Skib

sites.google.com
I sympathise as I think it is difficult to find a share in that area even using FB. Preloved website has horse shares. So does Horsemart. Lots of people want to find a share and many owners are rich so dont need to share the cost. I never saw anything suitable on the shop advert boards.
And your budget of £100 a month isnt really enough for the area? I have always paid more. £50 a week is more realistic. You might need to offer substantial help with care to get anything at a lower price.
The best bet, after Covid, is to go round the yards with a little share wanted notice (which you can leave with the staff on duty) and just ask. Or to book a lesson at one of the riding schools and take that opportunity to network with the RI and the staff to ask about sharing.
You could even get in touch with yards now to ask if they have any client in financial need because of covid or whose regular sharer is in the sheltering group who might like you to share at least for the time being? I cant be the only sharer in isolation.

Lillian_paddington

Visit site
I don’t think you’ll get something schooled for that budget; I paid that two years ago to share a nervous unschooled ISH. Most people with well schooled sports horses want to keep them for themselves!
I don’t see any reason you couldn’t share a cob? Plenty are schooled properly, and sporty enough to jump and go to clinics as you would like.

Lucytblover

New User
Visit site
I can see your add on one of the two horses for share in surrey pages. Keep trying FB as there are share adds on everything horses surrey and surrey H&P etc. There are just so many groups! I see you don't drive so that will limit you to shares on the barwell estate group of properties? Also if you can get there the advert boards at Rokers and Chobham Rider?
Thank you I will try that.

Lucytblover

New User
Visit site
I don’t think you’ll get something schooled for that budget; I paid that two years ago to share a nervous unschooled ISH. Most people with well schooled sports horses want to keep them for themselves!
I don’t see any reason you couldn’t share a cob? Plenty are schooled properly, and sporty enough to jump and go to clinics as you would like.
I have nothing against cobs , I've ridden cobs mostly though out my whole riding life , I'd like to try something new . I did share at the beginning of February last year for 10 pounds per day , that was the cheapest I came across. I have more trouble with location. I don't mind stable duties I actually love them .

Lucytblover

New User
Visit site
I sympathise as I think it is difficult to find a share in that area even using FB. Preloved website has horse shares. So does Horsemart. Lots of people want to find a share and many owners are rich so dont need to share the cost. I never saw anything suitable on the shop advert boards.
And your budget of £100 a month isnt really enough for the area? I have always paid more. £50 a week is more realistic. You might need to offer substantial help with care to get anything at a lower price.
The best bet, after Covid, is to go round the yards with a little share wanted notice (which you can leave with the staff on duty) and just ask. Or to book a lesson at one of the riding schools and take that opportunity to network with the RI and the staff to ask about sharing.
You could even get in touch with yards now to ask if they have any client in financial need because of covid or whose regular sharer is in the sheltering group who might like you to share at least for the time being? I cant be the only sharer in isolation.
I have a plan to as I know the area very well in Chessington I most likely might ask around .

Lillian_paddington

Visit site
I have nothing against cobs , I've ridden cobs mostly though out my whole riding life , I'd like to try something new . I did share at the beginning of February last year for 10 pounds per day , that was the cheapest I came across. I have more trouble with location. I don't mind stable duties I actually love them .
Sure, totally understandable- but as with horse shopping, if you can’t find anything, you can either up your budget or broaden your criteria. Or just be prepared to wait a long while til the perfect one turns up, if there is one.

Shay

Visit site
I confess I did wonder if your budget was too low - but for one day a week plus chores it might work. £10 a day is definitely cheap for this area! We charged £25 per day + chores when we were sharing DD's PC Pony and always had a waiting list for him. He's retired now though and we're not looking for shares on anything else.