Horse shopping - anyone fancy helping?

marmalade76

Visit site
Hi, looking for a friend :)

She's not a bad rider but gets ridiculously nervous so we need a confidence giving saint, easy to do and the sort that won't take advantage of or lose confidence itself when regularly ridden by someone nervous. She would like to hack (alone and in co) initially and hopes to work up to some fun rides and very low level jumping when her confidence improves.

Horse needs to be upto twelve stone but she doesn't want anything too tall, so probably a good middle weight between 15.2 and 16 hands would do. She doesn't care about looks and would prefer an older horse, but it must be a gelding and she doesn't want a grey!

Anywhere along the M5 corridor will be easy for us, but other than that we wouldn't want to travel too far, so nothing in kent or Yorkshire (where most of the nice horses for sale seem to be!).

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Cheers x

meesha

Visit site
Nice one on horsequest under family friends - horses - 8th one down - swindon 3750
title - Cob, Bay, Gelding, 11 years, 15.1 hands - bombproof gelding super safe

Good hunting x

marmalade76

Visit site
Nice one on horsequest under family friends - horses - 8th one down - swindon 3750

Good hunting x

I do like that one!

SS - none of those really shout 'saint' to me, apart from the one that''s being sold by someone I wouldn't trust!!! Thanks anyway x

Whirlwind - shame! Love connies and would love a trip to Yorkshire myself, not sure about my friend though!

CHH

Visit site
HI,

A really nervous person needs a special kind of horse, a friend of mine is looking for the same thing at the moment and has no real budget, she is prepared to pay for the right animal.

There was a bay she went to see lovely looking, abit sour in the school - but that could be brought about with patience and it certainly had no buck or anything in it, but handled the nerves totally, my friend even went out hacking alone on her viewing of him - believe me that is a BIG step. I can pm details if you like, well I can try!
I am sure I could find the advert somewhere.

marmalade76

Visit site
HI,

A really nervous person needs a special kind of horse, a friend of mine is looking for the same thing at the moment and has no real budget, she is prepared to pay for the right animal.

There was a bay she went to see lovely looking, abit sour in the school - but that could be brought about with patience and it certainly had no buck or anything in it, but handled the nerves totally, my friend even went out hacking alone on her viewing of him - believe me that is a BIG step. I can pm details if you like, well I can try!
I am sure I could find the advert somewhere.

I totally agree, a horse that will not take advantage or lose confidence itself with a nervous rider is a rare thing indeed! She has had a couple that have taken advantage and cannot be trusted to buy a horse on her own, lol!

Yes, please post a link if you can x

marmalade76

Visit site

Good hunting x

This one really did sound perfect, but by the time my friend decided to have a look he was sold.

So, still looking if anyone fancies helping! :)

flyingfeet

Visit site
Would volunteer one of mine, but not sure whether suitable

A saint with a friend in all situations, but can be a real wuss about cows if hacking alone and around 30 of them run at him (suppose I can see his point!)

Very good dressage, showjumping and fun rides alone, but can be hard work cross country (think big spurs and puffing as after one field he wonders why he has to keep going). Easy to load and doesn't trash the box which is a nice change.

However has learnt to rear at the start of a run tentpegging in a section of 4 - this wasn't regular and was after 3 days with a crowd of 5,000+. Only does it at the start of a run and never whilst mooching

Gun trained, although did wuss out on me in front of the crowd, and the only saving grace was the household cavalry house in front of me did the same thing.

He is the bay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTzUyJCcqRE

Last edited:

marmalade76

Visit site
Would volunteer one of mine, but not sure whether suitable

A saint with a friend in all situations, but can be a real wuss about cows if hacking alone and around 30 of them run at him (suppose I can see his point!)

Very good dressage, showjumping and fun rides alone, but can be hard work cross country (think big spurs and puffing as after one field he wonders why he has to keep going). Easy to load and doesn't trash the box which is a nice change.

However has learnt to rear at the start of a run tentpegging in a section of 4 - this wasn't regular and was after 3 days with a crowd of 5,000+. Only does it at the start of a run and never whilst mooching

Gun trained, although did wuss out on me in front of the crowd, and the only saving grace was the household cavalry house in front of me did the same thing.

He is the bay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTzUyJCcqRE

He sounds promising, Jen, only trouble is he'd be expected to live on a dairy farm!