Horse struggles to put foot down

laurenn1010

Visit site
So this horse must be the most unique one about as vets/farrier unsure.

I have noticed she can’t put her both front feet to the floor for a few moments after I pick out her feet, and hangs the leg until she gradually can put it down. And slowly touches it down as if it is sore to her.

This girl also can get up and down to roll easily, but will not lay down to sleep. Prefers to prop herself up against a wall or tree and snooze standing.

Vet says it’s mild onset of arthritis in all four fetlocks after Flexion test, yet she gallops across field at top speed leaving others behind and shows no other stiffness.

Anyone else horse done this and if so what was cause? I’m just not convinced arthritis is main reason. Vet says as it’s arthritis no point in investing further as will still be same out come and to exercise lightly and plenty turnout.

She is out of work this past year and is being fed topspec joint balancer and Boswellia which is not helping. Also had a trial of Bute which also didn’t help. She still done same.

I have also noticed an indentation on her right side where the flap of saddle would go, and now I’m wondering if connected, maybe an old fracture rib or something 😲 or what other reasons would cause a curve in the ribs?