Horse swapping - is this possible? If so where??

MissGee

Visit site
So, one of my liveries has just bought herself a new horse, unseen.

Lovely little TB mare but sadly she can't ride it. Shame really, as it is a lovely mare, with a great attitude and good ability but just not suitable for an unbalanced novice!

Does anyone know any sites where you can advertise horses to swap?

The mare could easily be sold - but that means me putting some work into it, getting to know it, bringing it on a bit so I can show it off, how I'd like to, to sell it.

So it would be easier if she could just swap it for something more suitable - with a leg in each corner!!

be positive

Visit site
How does an unbalanced novice end up buying unseen and untried, more to the point who sold it to the novice and why has it not been returned as unsuitable for purpose which would be the easiest and cheapest option.

Only a dealer will offer to swap a horse in p.ex that has no history and they may not have anything really suitable to swap with so they may end up out of the frying pan into the fire with more money being spent in the process, if they were a client of mine I would encourage a private sale and offer to help them buy the next one so they do not end up making another mistake.

Merlod

Visit site
Have you contacted the previous owner first? They might want to buy back before it goes to a dealer and they lose trace?