Horse trailer insurance and breakdown cover

marmalade88

Visit site
Could people recommend brokers for trailer insurance and breakdown cover? Could anyone who is comfortable let me know how much they pay at the moment, I would be happy with a PM.

I am looking at the moment and some recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

furrycat

Visit site
I've just bought 12 months breakdown cover for £52 from equine rescue services, it kind of bolts on to your standard breakdown policy. Don't know about insurance, I haven't covered mine yet.

MissJessica

Visit site
I insure my trailer with NFU.
My breakdown was free for 12 months for equine rescue services however I am with the RAC for my vehicle breakdown cover and they will add on equine rescue for £50 a year which is what I may opt for next year

nikanita

Visit site
My trailer insurance is just up for renewal £400 and I do rescue with equine rescue at £52. NFU wouldn't insure my trailer unless I had horse insured with them but they were a lot more expensive.

Hanno Verian

Visit site
I got mine through the RAC, it was £45 + on top of the normal cover(£100 basic), its done by a seperate company PRP who you call not RAC. I never needed to use it, but it was good piece of mind for travelling, I've now got a lorry so I have no need for it. However I have NFU breakdown for the Horsebox, again, never needed it.

foraday

Visit site
http://www.equinerescue.co.uk/

Equine Rescue Services all the way for recovering you and your horse in separate horse transport and your trailer and stricken vehicle goes off on the wrecker.

Cannot recommend them highly enough!

As for insurance NFU are brilliant but you do need to have more than one policy. Have you checked who your horse is insured with? Sometimes it is cheaper to add on to that policy.

monte1

Visit site
About three weeks ago I ditched my seperate RAC car breakdown cover and took out a combined vehicle and trailer policy with Equine Rescue Services, which covers my car with or without the trailer attached , covers rescue for any horses on board and includes homestart as well, it was £99 for the year!
I had to use it suddenly last week after just my back lights but not the brake lights both went in my 4x4, one dark evening- luckily i wasnt towing!
I called them and they sent someone to my house within an hour, sorted it immediately, brilliant service as far as i am concerned!
the insurance for my trailer is about £60 per year and bolted onto my horse insurance policy.