Horse transport any recommendations?

MissyMew

Visit site
Rather than the stress of transporting a 2 yr old in my trailer for 1.5 -2hrs. I think i would prefer to use a recommended transport company.

Any ideas?

Midlands/Worcestershire to North Wilts

Thanks

StormyMoments

Visit site
I used LOC horse transport to transport Rio from south east Spain to the UK and they were brilliant! have also used them when moving yards and when transporting new horses home and couldn't be happier with how they handle and treat the horses they are travelling :)

HBrae2

Visit site
Another one for Eric Gillies. I have also used a transporter called James Robertson and they were very good - very personal service in a little 2 horse lorry and my 13.3 had company from the same pony (a shetland) the whole way and arrived very relaxed. Very reasonable price too.

Inthesticks

Visit site
I got a recommendation from here last year for 'we move any horse' and I have to say I was extremely happy. I even transferred the money for the horse to him to pay while he picked her up.

frozzy

Visit site
Always use Eric Gillie for long distances. He has moved youngsters, mares and foals and stallions for me. Overnighted some too. If he is good enough for Her Maj he's good enough for me.! Always keeps in contact too. Rates are sensible but realistic that you know there's nothing dodgy regarding breaks etc.! Cheap is not always best!

foraday

Visit site
We use Julie Magnus

www.jmrt.co.uk

uses proper horse lorrys not those biscuit tins that rattle about at 90mph!

You could also go on www.findhorsetransport.org and see whos about there

If its a youngster it will need 3m sq foal box though (all partitions removed) ensure your transporter knows this-if they don't then they aren't the real deal