Horse Transport in South Herts

unbalanced

Visit site
Does anyone know anyone who does horse transport in the south Herts/Barnet area? I am trying to find someone to take two of my friends to the Bluebell Ride on Sunday with their lovely Welsh type beasties. They don't want to do self-drive (not confident moving from small car to large truck with precious babies in back in one swift move!)
If you know anyone that might be available I'd be terribly grateful. Thank you:)

DuckToller

Visit site
Don't know anyone that does the driving although a friend of mine did book someone and it cost something like £180 for the day and it was a funny little box - like an Ivor Williams trailer stuck on the back of a pickup truck, with a really steep ramp which her pony didn't like. I can try to find out details from her if you don't get any other response.

However I can highly recommend some of the self drive little lorry outfits - the two horse Renaults etc are really easy to drive - a friend's daughter is just 17, only passed her test a few months ago, and happily drives one. You can drive them on a normal licence. Maybe pick it up the night before and go for a spin without the horses first. Or would some kind family member or someone from your yard drive it for them?

There are 3 that hire around here - google driven by you, atacanter, and the other is something like equinovation?? - if you google self drive horse hire transport they should come up. Good luck!

unbalanced

Visit site
Thanks, that would be great if you wouldn't mind.

I've used Driven By You myself before and I was really happy with them. I found driving their lorry fine. They like you to be 25 though for their insurance and my friends are 16 (so no licence) and 23 (so car licence but not ok for them). I offered to drive it for them (I'm 26 and my horse is going in another friend's trailer with her friend she travels really well with) but the 16 year old's mum doesn't really want me to I think, she would rather have someone driving in their own vehicle as their pony is quite young and an inexperienced traveller. I'm not taking it personally as she doesn't want to drive it herself for the same reason!

I've tried Neil Shepperd and Paula of P-Mobile but they're both already booked for this ride. It's all rather last-minute unfortunately. It's my birthday at the weekend and I'm desperately trying to get my horsey friends to the ride so we can have a picnic with birthday cake after the ride!