horse transport self hire or some one driving

luie123

Visit site
Hi, I this year I am hoping to get me and horsey out and about, I dont have my own transport and passed my driving test after 1998. I have looked at the 3.5 tonne lorries for hire which are about £90 a day. I am looking at shows which are 10 miles away max, and £90 seems like a lot. Are there transport companies which do short journeys, or shared loads to shows?

I am in the Surrey area.

Thanks as always for your help!

foraday

Visit site
your best bet is the self drive! £90 is not a lot when you think about the costs of buying the vehicle, insuring it, getting breakdown recovery, washing the vehicle out after your use.

That's a bargain really!

A legal and registered transporter will probably be charging you at least double that as at the end of the day he needs to earn a crust!

If you have a yard full of people that want to go to a show then the transporter with a big lorry would be a good bet.

£90 is a bargain for self drive!

star

Visit site
depends where you are. i used to hire a bloke from Bisley - it was £60 for a short trip (20miles including from his yard to mine) and up to £90 for 100 mile round trip - was brilliant value - big 4 horse box - no living, but room to put stuff and get changed behind a partition. name was alf turner 01483 473151

luie123

Visit site
£90 was with Henry horsebox hire, or about 100 with trevelyn or wentworth transport.

They look like lovely boxes, some you have to be over 25 to drive though for insurance!