Horse transporter international

Shani

Visit site
Hi I am looking for recommendations for a horse transporter to take my horse to southern Italy, there are a few around but would like to hear from people first hand of experiences thanks :)

Shani

Visit site
Parkers, have used them twice for trips to Europe and can't fault them. Drivers are experienced, quiet and patient with the horses and I've never had him come off the lorry looking stressed or unhappy.
I have been in touch with Parkers and have a quote

jokadoka

Visit site
Sorry but LOC were terrible when I used them so am glad they won't be able to mess things up for somebody else.

SpringArising

Visit site
Sorry but LOC were terrible when I used them so am glad they won't be able to mess things up for somebody else.

Instead of writing a vague blanket statement that doesn't have any weight to it why don't you explain what actually happened? They were helpful, professional and friendly on both occasions I used them.

Fairynuff

Visit site
Hi Shani! My cob came over with George Mullins and he and my mare went back to the UK with Mullins. They were looked after extremely well by the two Tommys and the trucks are airconditioned etc. I was so pleased with the outward journey that I contacted them immediately for the homeward bound trip. All of the staff are lovely :)

jokadoka

Visit site
Instead of writing a vague blanket statement that doesn't have any weight to it why don't you explain what actually happened? They were helpful, professional and friendly on both occasions I used them.
OK. We were moving to France. Arranged for horse to be transported on particular date as things had to be in place at both ends ( my friend had to take time off work to be there when they picked him up as we had to leave two days before him to put things in place at other end).He was due to be picked up 'first thing in the morning' on the arranged date. We got a phone call after 22.00 in France the night before, cancelling collection due to 'unforeseen circumstances', no other exp!anation was given and believe me I tried to get one out of them. After being given a lot of reassurances that this was a one off, unbelievably this happened a second time and my horse ended up finally being delivered 10 days late ( with a broken head collar) by a very grumpy driver and groom. Luckily my livery yard in UK was very understanding and looked after him for me during that time. My friend ended up taking three days off work,of which two were totally pointless. To this day I still haven't had an explanation, and again, believe me I have tried. It was impossible to find another transporter at that short notice so we had to stick it out. But never again. Moving country is stressful enough, and so is moving horses. LOC didn't make it any easier in any way shape or form.

SpringArising

Visit site
OK. We were moving to France. Arranged for horse to be transported on particular date as things had to be in place at both ends ( my friend had to take time off work to be there when they picked him up as we had to leave two days before him to put things in place at other end).He was due to be picked up 'first thing in the morning' on the arranged date. We got a phone call after 22.00 in France the night before, cancelling collection due to 'unforeseen circumstances', no other exp!anation was given and believe me I tried to get one out of them. After being given a lot of reassurances that this was a one off, unbelievably this happened a second time and my horse ended up finally being delivered 10 days late ( with a broken head collar) by a very grumpy driver and groom. Luckily my livery yard in UK was very understanding and looked after him for me during that time. My friend ended up taking three days off work,of which two were totally pointless. To this day I still haven't had an explanation, and again, believe me I have tried. It was impossible to find another transporter at that short notice so we had to stick it out. But never again. Moving country is stressful enough, and so is moving horses. LOC didn't make it any easier in any way shape or form.

How bizarre!

Dynamo

Visit site
If you need to arrange very specific dates then you may want to arrange a private charter rather than a shared load. In my experience, shared loads to Holland, Northern France and Germany can work well as most if the big transporters make weekly trips, but if you're going further, say to the South of France or Italy, you may need either to be quite flexible on dates, or pay extra for a private load. Things do sometimes get held up on shared loads (not often, but it happens), and the more horses on the shared load, the more flexible you may have to be. ETA who have taken over some of LOC's former routes, I believe, can do a private charter, door to door on an air-conditioned 3.5T, as well as the big shared loads. It's not cheap, but if you want very specific collection and drop-off dates, for a route that is less frequently travelled, and not with part of the journey sub-contracted to a local provider in-country, then it may be worth it for the peace of mind. I think for such a long journey, personally, I would want a private load; it then means you can even agree with ETA how many rest stops you want the horse to have, when and where, etc.

Shani

Visit site
If you need to arrange very specific dates then you may want to arrange a private charter rather than a shared load. In my experience, shared loads to Holland, Northern France and Germany can work well as most if the big transporters make weekly trips, but if you're going further, say to the South of France or Italy, you may need either to be quite flexible on dates, or pay extra for a private load. Things do sometimes get held up on shared loads (not often, but it happens), and the more horses on the shared load, the more flexible you may have to be. ETA who have taken over some of LOC's former routes, I believe, can do a private charter, door to door on an air-conditioned 3.5T, as well as the big shared loads. It's not cheap, but if you want very specific collection and drop-off dates, for a route that is less frequently travelled, and not with part of the journey sub-contracted to a local provider in-country, then it may be worth it for the peace of mind. I think for such a long journey, personally, I would want a private load; it then means you can even agree with ETA how many rest stops you want the horse to have, when and where, etc.
I did look at that but wanted 9k