horse treat...

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
i have had my horse for exactly 1 year today, and as he is feeling sorry for himself in the stable (he's lame
frown.gif
) i thought i should make him a horse treat, but dont know what to make him or how?!

i have access to hundreds of apples as we have an apple tree, and plently of carrots too, aswell as the usual horse feeds and human food in the cupboards.

any ideas? thanks! x

Malibu

Visit site
i am in the same situation, horse has blwon tendon as of 31st of july! nic told me that you get a big bottle cut whole or take cap off and fill with (what i did) slices of apple, carrots, brocali, pony nuts anything, really kep him entertained, got him thinking and put a smile on my face. i am going to get a lyx and one of those balls and the bottle gets trashed after 2 days!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Whole turnips are enjoyed by most and amuses them for a while (maybe only 1 a day though as they're full of sugar).

Put some apples into a bucket of water for him to fish out. Some horses love this, others get fed up pretty quick!

Make holes in chunks of apples / carrots etc. and thread onto some baler twine hanging from the roof or door.

Buy him likits or little likits - my horses go nuts over the cherry and banana ones! Although they dont last that long as they are licked to death in a matter of minutes!