Horse treats

sportsmansB

Visit site
My previous fussy mare who looked down on treats in general (wouldn't take a polo or a sugar lump, I think she thought she was above bribery!) absolutely loved the Baileys ones

WelshD

Visit site
Equerry Minty Treats are good, a 20kg sack is about the same as the Baileys nuggets and are the same size but they have a lovely mint smell

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
I use Baileys Fibre Plus nuggets for training. In winter they'll get carrots & parsnips but not fed by hand - left on stable floor for them to come into. Its the first thing they do on coming into the stable - look for what has been left in the magic treat corner!

Mule

Visit site
When we moved down here my horse discovered pears. He thinks they are beyond delicious, and I look for windfalls every day in the summer. He does better stretches for organic carrots and will have a polo or two for excellence.
He clearly has discerning tastes!

Mule

Visit site
The beast get carrots. He's not too keen on apple's. He loves the mollasses flavoured licks but he only gets those if I really need to distract him.

w1bbler

Visit site
Never give treats, but my instructor has recently corrupted mine with polos. He didn't know what they were at first, but now tries to mug her whenever they meet 😕

ponyparty

Visit site
Pure feed company treats - low sugar and starch, no alfalfa or anything nasty (I hope...).

Carrots, but only for his carrot stretches, sliced very thin - I have made a "handy" hand guard by cutting a hole in the lid of a supplement bucket so I don't lose a finger in the process..!

Blackberries when they're in season. He won't eat any other fruit (apart from apples) or veg, I've tried him with loads and he just looks at me like I'm trying to poison him.

alexomahony

Visit site
We buy a big 20kg bag of Bailey's Fibre Nuggets to use as treats - they fill a full bin and the ponies LOVE them! I think a big bg is about £7... £10 tops! Lasts me about 2 months and that's for treats in general and they get some scattered in their stables/around the fields while in or when there isn't much grass :)