horseboarding

stormox

Visit site
its not that new- saw it 4 or 5 years ago at Sandringham. Looks fun,one of the horses had been 3rd in the grand national,, and if it gives ex-racers and others etc a home where they have fun can only be good. They do it over jumps in some places, horse jumps, skateboarder goes up a ramp and over jump.

HashRouge

Visit site
I can't really see the appeal to be honest. It doesn't look anywhere near as fun as all the water-based versions and I can't imagine the horses are too keen on it!

BBP

Visit site
It's not new, I was 2011 national horse boarding champion. The horses quite enjoy it, it's probably a lot more 'fun' for them than dressage! The horses that don't take to it in training just don't carry on to compete (I couldn't do it with my own horse as it would scare him). When I did it it was pure straight line drag racing most of the time which suited the speed merchants but I felt was a little stressful for some, they'd get worked up or be hard to pull up, but it's been changed to running a course which makes it more of a skill and partnership challenge for the rider as well as the boarder and less about sheer speed, so better for the horses I think.