Horsebox advice

gunnergundog

Visit site
In all honesty, I would suggest that it depends on the value/type of the box you have to sell. If it is a cheap, old box then I have had most success by advertising on the noticeboards at local saddlers, feed merchants, via the pony club etc etc.

People are probably more inclined to travel and spend their time and money to view a box that costs a bit more.

I sold my most recent lorry just over a month ago and posted about my sales experience on here. I had the lorry valued by the company that built and maintained it for me (it was a healthy 5 figure sum); I posted it on various facebook groups for selling horse boxes and after a couple of weeks of total timewasters I paid £60 and put an ad on Horsequest. I had five phone calls within 48 hours and the first to view ended up purchasing. They viewed it, sent a mechanic 48 hours later, financial transaction completed 48 hours after that and lorry collected 3 days later. No hassle, no 'likes', no idiots asking inane questions like 'Hi Hun....what's the price?', when the answer to said question is clearly stated in the first line of the advertisement.

Good luck!

AFB

Visit site
I found mine via FB Marketplace as found that's where the majority of ads were (lower end of the market though).

Moogleberry

Visit site
When I was looking I checked the Facebook marketplace and specific FB pages for selling horse boxes as well as Horsequest and Horsemart, ended up buying one advertised on preloved.

I sold my old one through a local horsebox builder (Peper Harow) and they took a commission, they sold it within a week as they had people on a waiting list for that type of lorry and it saved me a lot of time and hassle