Horsebox driving lessons Midlands?

WestCoast

Visit site
Anyone had any horsebox driving lessons in the Midlands and can recommend someone? Got a pre '96 licence so can drive 7.5T, but feel I should have some lessons before hiring one and driving my beloved hairy in it.

ROG

Visit site
Anyone had any horsebox driving lessons in the Midlands and can recommend someone? Got a pre '96 licence so can drive 7.5T, but feel I should have some lessons before hiring one and driving my beloved hairy in it.
If you live close to Leicester then it might be possible to hire a 7.5 and for me to come out with you for FREE (with expenses covered)
I cannot help with the horsey bit because I have never driven a horsebox but have taught many to pass the LGV C and CE tests

It is likely to be quite expensive if you go down the LGV training company route and that is if you can find a company that has a 7.5 as most have over that weight

Perhaps, if you give your location, another on here who already has a 7.5 might be able to help but the insurance could be a stumbling block

WestCoast

Visit site
Sorry for the delay in replying - got sidetracked by snow related chaos. ;)

Thank you for the offer. I'm not that far from Leicester and might an take you up on your kind offer at some point, but think it might need to wait a little while. I'm investigating alternatives for getting her up to the Friesian inspections in August, but I suspect it may not be practical.

Inchy

Visit site
I did my training with Mark Bailey (MB training) google him it should come up - pm me if not and I'll try and find number. He's nottingham based and was fantastic with me! Two days of training then passed test on 3rd day.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I did my own training firstly just driving around the farm then small local journeys gradually getting further. This is how I help others too when they drive for the first time, I go out and tell them where to position and when to start braking as well as moral support.

I suggest you find someone who is prepared to help you on your yard and ask locally.