Horsebox insurance and breakdown cover recommendations?

Ronaele2021

New User
Visit site
I am looking to insure a large Horsebox (18 tonne) 8 horse, and am looking for recommendations for both breakdown cover and insurance. Which companies have people found easy to deal with and which have provided a sub par service?
Any thing that people would recommend having covered in particular? I am looking for fully comprehensive insurance and breakdown cover to include home start and also horse rescue if we ever got stuck fully loaded.

Thank you in advance.

BronsonNutter

Visit site
My 3.5T is insured with SEIB and I have found their breakdown cover to be good - it went through a phase of intermittently not starting, usually when you were trying to get home from a show! They contact a nearby garage off their list and every time I have had a mechanic within an hour and nothing extra to pay them.
Not needed the horse rescue as thankfully every time it was fixable at the time, so can't comment on that, and obviously your lorry is a lot larger so not sure if that will make a difference.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I use the NFU the breakdown cover is part of the insurance .
I have used the breakdown cover twice and it was excellent both times .
I have never had to claim on the insurance .

Squeak

Visit site
I use A Plan as they gave me the best quote and are easy to deal with.

They use Equine Rescue Services as their Breakdown cover, which is who a lot of the other insurers use too so there was no compromise using them.

baran

Visit site
NFU is brilliant. One time we called them out and I mentioned we had left show early because horse seemed unwell. Immediately call handler asked if we needed a vet or horse ambulance. Very clued up.

RHM

Visit site
I’m with Anthony Evans and they have been great. Recently broke down on the motorway and they got a mechanic out to us within 30 mins and the recovery lorry was about 15 mins behind him. Like others they use local people to you so waiting times aren’t too bad. I was really impressed with them. Haven’t claimed on insurance so can’t comment on that.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
I'm with Shearwater - their quotes were very competitive (less than 25% of the total premium that NFU quoted - rip off merchants!!) and pay for Equine Rescue Services breakdown cover through them too - the breakdown cover has always been super helpful (have used it several times!)

AFB

Visit site
I'm only a 3.5t but found Anthony Evans great to deal with from a CS point of view. Luckily I haven't had to try out the breakdown or claims process.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’m with Anthony Evans for my 3.5t and they use Equine Rescue Services. Unfortunately I had to ring the breakdown line today as couldn’t start my lorry. It was simple to contact them they made no fuss and the breakdown service arrived within the hour even though it was a home start and not urgent. They were very thorough. Sadly it looks like my ignition key isn’t deactivating the factory fitted immobiliser so I’m going to sort that out separately.