horsebox internal dimensions

lara b

Visit site
Hi was just wandering what everyone considers the minimum for the internal dimensions of a horsebox?

My friend has her big hunters (16.3hh 6'9 rugs) in a 7'6 wide 8ft high lorry and I was thinking that as mine is a smaller 16hh (6'6 rug) cob then he would in theory be ok in a smaller lorry, for example one I have seen is 7'3 wide internally and 7ft high (the length is 7'4 so could afford to put the herringbone partitions at a bit of a slant even with two in there)? He is not the best loader so would want something where he didn't feel squashed.

What do you think? Would the smaller one surfice or do I have to be thinking full size 7.5t should the day ever come that I go lorry shopping? Thanks, ice creams all round!

Louby

Visit site
I wouldnt go for a 7' internal height. My last lorry was 7'10 wide and high and my 16.2 fit perfect side on. Im looking at the moment and have decided no less than 7'6 high and wide, preferably more.
As said earlier, I think you would limit your market if you decided to sell in the future.