Horsebox living

Bevjane

Visit site
Hi all, just brought an Iveco 7.5t as a last resort for my OTTB to load and travel in because he’s such a bad traveler, but that’s another story 🙄 my query is it has full living, which is great, it has 12v and hook up, however I carnt find a consumer unit, we have looked everywhere obvious, will there definitely be one fitted? Presume it doesn't work without one? Could it be in an obscure place? Any help will be useful thank you ☺️

Northern Hare

Visit site
Under the drivers or passenger seat in the cab?
In a cupboard or unit down near floor level?

Alternatively contact the horse box manufacturer / converter, as they'd (hopefully) be able to point you in the right direction.

Bevjane

Visit site
Thank you will have look under drivers seat, definitely not in and cupboards, unfortunately the company that built it has ceased trading 😬

Northern Hare

Visit site
Thank you will have look under drivers seat, definitely not in and cupboards, unfortunately the company that built it has ceased trading 😬
I think most lorry garages would be able to help you locate it - or an auto electrician. Also, if you've got any on-board gas appliances, it would be worth having the gas system checked over for safety, just in case it's not been done for a while.

Bevjane

Visit site
I think most lorry garages would be able to help you locate it - or an auto electrician. Also, if you've got any on-board gas appliances, it would be worth having the gas system checked over for safety, just in case it's not been done for a while.
Thank you, will do

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
As many have said it will be under a seat in the living area. Have a look at the outside where the power lead goes to & then go into the living and look under the seat where the lead enters your lorry & bingo it will be there.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Hi all, just brought an Iveco 7.5t as a last resort for my OTTB to load and travel in because he’s such a bad traveler, but that’s another story 🙄 my query is it has full living, which is great, it has 12v and hook up, however I carnt find a consumer unit, we have looked everywhere obvious, will there definitely be one fitted? Presume it doesn't work without one? Could it be in an obscure place? Any help will be useful thank you ☺️
When you say it has 12v, do you mean the lights and fridge etc?
Or, are the lights just 240?
Try hooking up to check.

I did have a box that the fridge would work on 12v (if switched on) when lorry was running, but would be 240 (flick fridge switch over) on hook up.
Lights were all 240, except 2 - one in living and 1 in horse section which were both 12v and worked off the lorry twin batteries.
No shower, or electric powered flush loo, no consumer unit.
Water heater was gas, as per also oven and hob.