Horsebox Manufacturer Recommendation

sal960x

New User
Visit site
Hi can anybody recommend any decent and trustworthy horsebox manufacturers? I have just had the most terrible experience with Prestige Horseboxes in Preston. Initially I went to have a look at some of their small horseboxes (3.9 ton) and they looked great. I fell in love with a particular one which was a bit out of my price range. They contacted me a few days later and said they had spoke to their MD and they could accommodate me on that vehicle at my budget. Obviously I was really pleased and two days later on the Friday myself, husband and mother took the day off to check the lorry over and signed the paperwork. They wanted the majority of the money upfront that date which I felt a little uncomfortable with as I didn't have anything to show for it...so we agreed that they would send a member of their staff to my offices ( I live just over an hour away from them) on the following Monday to collect a cheque and hand over the V5. On Monday they didn't turn up so After leaving a few messages I was eventually put through to John the MD who told me he couldn't sell me the box anymore (despite our signed agreement) and it was in my best interest that he didn't sell me that box! I have since learnt that they have sold the box elsewhere! Absolute nightmare which I really really don't want to repeat, so please can anybody recommend a decent supplier?

Abacus

Visit site
Wow, thank goodness you didn't buy it or hand over any money. It might be the wrong area for you if that one was Preston, but I found that Equimark were brilliant (they are in Suffolk). They have just taken over George Smith so they have boxes of both types. Their customer service was great, and continued after purchase. I had a problem with my box (turned out to be a tiny thing that I was doing wrong!) and Mark could not have been more helpful.

Hipo

Visit site
We have a GB Bodybuilders 6.5 ton horsebox, its fab!
He builds from 3.5 ton upwards. Superbly finished and very well thought out.

Jules19

Visit site
If you are nearish to Preston then I would highly recommend Kevin Parker Horseboxes. I'm in Suffolk, looked at local builders and travelled to Preston. Think that sums up my experience ;) I have had nothing but compliments and horse travels beautifully and safely.

blood_magik

Visit site
Kevin Parker.
Currently have a 7.5T from him and have gone back to have a 12T built (in build at the moment). Highly recommended.

Last edited:

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
BOSS horseboxes in Flint north Wales, very accommodating , do 3-5 ton and are just starting to do 7-5 ton. Brill after sales and services, this is mine..
7982aebe5ed655cb3d922c9ed4400002.jpg