Horsebox owners: DAF LF 150 problem

digitalangel

Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Apparently the exhaust brake on mine has 'seized' Can anyone tell me if it is a seperate foot switch or dash switch for the exhaust brake because thats what google is telling me and ive never heard or seen it before?

Thanks!

rema

Visit site
There should be a three way switch on your dash for the Jake brake (Exhaust brake) depending on what year your wagon is?.Edited to add the newer trucks have it on a stalk on the right hand side of the steering column.

Last edited:

perfect11s

Visit site
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Apparently the exhaust brake on mine has 'seized' Can anyone tell me if it is a seperate foot switch or dash switch for the exhaust brake because thats what google is telling me and ive never heard or seen it before?

Thanks!

It is the little lever on the LHS of the steering wheel down is on, and if its working when you lift your foot off the accelerator you should hear a click air sound and the engine will slow down if its seized in the off position you wont have the extra braking, if it seizes on you will lose power and get exhaust smoke .....