Horsebox parking - how much?

Teddybully

Visit site
How much do you pay to park your horsebox/trailer at your yard? Or is it included in your livery? (If so how much is your livery)

If you had to park the box away from the yard at another location how much would you be happy to pay max per month?

Particularly SE region.

Quadro

Visit site
to be honest i think yards chargeing is just greedy! it costs the yards nothing other than space and if they don't have the space then don't allow the transport to be there in the first place!

Dubsie

Visit site
Actually I'm sure you will find that allowing parking of other people's lorries trailers etc will incur extra for insurance - looked at a property with land with a caravan parking sideline, and looked at insurance, we were quoted a fair bit extra - this was some years ago so can't remember exact amounts.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Yup, had YO who wouldn't let us park our lorries and trailers, even though he had the space, because of the increase in insurance and because it 'encouraged' the bad people to come and nose around :(

I've paid £30 per calendar month to store a 7.5 ton lorry in a secure yard.

Mike007

Visit site
to be honest i think yards chargeing is just greedy! it costs the yards nothing other than space and if they don't have the space then don't allow the transport to be there in the first place!

Hmm ,Does this argument apply to grazing and stables as well.Afterall it costs nothing but the space.

kezimac

Visit site
mine is included in livery, i also keep my caravan there for free too. they both in a locked compound.

bluehorse

Visit site
I had to park my lorry at a seperate location from my own yard as they just didn't have the floor space for their liveries' transport. I paid £1 per day intially but then they put it up to £1.50 per day which I thought was daylight robbery and them taking advantage. They were a large livery yard though who provided parking for their own liveries at a much reduced rate (£10-15 per month I think), and they did have a lot of lorries parked there - so in a way I don't blame them for trying it on.

Teddybully

Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I'm looking at £50 a month for off yard farm location so wondered if that was usual price.

Troylimbo1

Visit site
That sounds like a lot to me.
My livey is £27 per week DIY includes hay, straw, school etc and horsebox parking.
Thats in East Sussex