Horsebox security

_jetset_

Visit site
I am hoping to get a tracker fitted to mine soon
smile.gif

Nothing will fit on my wheels because of the skirt unfortunately...

Tangaroo

Visit site
Mine has an immobiliser fitted to it. Apparently the bloke who had it before me twice had it broken into but they failed to start it, therefore couldnt steal it.

kerilli

Visit site
i've got a fuel-cut off key in the living. if it's turned, the lorry will run for about 3 secs before dying. no way can anyone steal it if the key's out. i had it installed when i bought the lorry.
also, my box (iveco) takes about 3-4 mins for the brake pressure to come up high enough from starting, and absolutely won't move before then, and i reckon my boyf would get them with a baseball bat in that time...!
wink.gif

irishdraught

Visit site
My insurance insisted on an immobiliser as part of their conditions of cover. It is like a bit allen key that fits into a particular place. The engine doesn't start unless it is in.

As an aside, by having the immobiliser, my battery doesn't drain and we haven't had any starting problems since having it fitted (the tachograph motor kept draining the battery).

Vicki_Krystal

vpequestrian.weebly.com
my lorry was stolen but luckily we had it returned to us!
so NOW it has;

an immobilisor
a fuel cut off switch
and an ignition alarm.

the fuel switch works the same as kerillis does.
the alarm comes on ( like a hand flat on the horn) if they somehow manage to get ignition.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
There are several things you can do. Fit a battery isolator & your batterries will always be in tip top condition & your lorry can't be started whilst it's in use. You could fit an immobiliser, as has been said some insurance companies insist on these prior to cover being issued. You could also fit a 'Denver Boot' wheel clamp similar to those used by the clamping firms.
smile.gif

LCobby

Visit site
Battery isolator
Immobiliser
Tracker device
Postcode on roof
CCTV
Locked yard
Security lights
Farmer and dogs on site
and we still worry!

JANANI

Visit site
My husband uses a key on where the trailer attaches to the jeep but you have to make sure that they can't remove it and put another one on. Our horsebox has a wheel clamp.

Hersom

Visit site
If you can't find a wheelclamp that fits you could still go to a motorcycle shop and get the hardened heavy duty chain that is used to make theft harder. You also need a hook to padlock to, preferably concreted into the ground.

Immobilisers are great because they work when you are too tired to remember. Get one that is Thatcham rated http://www.thatcham.org/security/index.jsp?page=75

http://www.equibrand.co.uk/ sell huge postcode letters. Mine are still firmly attached after six years standing outside.

If they're really want to steal it it'll go but you can make it harder and riskier so they get the one from down the road instead.

stormyhorse

Visit site
My trailer was stolen from a padlocked yard, wheel clamp and all! We have bought the best wheel clamp on the market, painted out postcode on the roof and my dad made a box to go on the front when it hitches to the car! Like to see them take it now!