Horseboxes by James ????

TheCurlyPony

Visit site
Saw there advert on ebay, and had a look at some of there neg feedback. They only had two, to be fair, but there reply was a little naughty.
shocked.gif

Loobs

New User
Visit site
I dont know if anyone else has experienced the same as me, however I ordered a box from James after seeing his advert on Ebay. The whole thing proved to be a total nightmare. I was promised completion in 4 weeks - the reality was I waited 4 MONTHS! He was very rude to me and at one point refused to even take my calls, this was despite me already paying for everything up front. Be warned!! Has anyone else had similar encounters? I dont want anyone else to be caught out by this man!:(

Superstar

Visit site
Any other problems to report please...? Was you happy with the box..? Are you still happy with it..?

Thanks

Louby

Visit site
I asked this same question a few years ago. I had a reply from someone who was happy with their horsebox. If I remember rightly, they paid more and had a few extras. She said she had teething problems but nothing major but had to replace the mats as they moved or something like that and basically said you get what you pay for but was overall happy with her purchase.
Maybe try doing a search on here it may bring it up.

Superstar

Visit site
Thanks Louby, have been doing some digging not much Is coming up. :(.

Looking at a new build not a conversion. Thanks

Louby

Visit site
Im sure they are still conversions, they were when I looked and the price reflects this. They are ex TNT wagons converted to horseboxes (or were), he put this in his description.
I had a quick look to see if I could find the post but couldnt, its ages ago now though. I rang him as I wanted to see one and he was more than happy for me to go.

greenhorse33

Visit site
Please join the Facebook group Horsewise Yorkshire to share info on this subject , this company has caused allot of problems for many of their customers

greenhorse33

Visit site
Daughter set up Facebook page to get people together as he has ripped people off... Horsewise Yorkshire ( Facebook) or you can message me debs Hyslop ( facebook

peanuts1984

Visit site
OMG we nearly bought a horsebox of this guy! We went to view and he was rude and hardly knew anything about horses?! So how could he understand what we needed ? So glad I didn't now :0 luckily we decided to get a 3.5t from equisport horseboxes as we were unsure to get a 3.5-7.5 . He advertised as horseboxes by James if im right . Lucky escape I guess! Couldn't be happier with our little purple equi-sport van :)

Jnhuk

Visit site
Just word of warning this horsebox builder is actively advertising again calling himself jim on ebay and horsedeals. Works from Pocklington near York.

Nice pictures of new conversions (usually Ivecos) but adverts are not for the lorries shown in the pictures as he only builds to order.

He goes bankrupt to avoid paying folks their money back