Horseless how to cope on my own.

happyhacking:)

Visit site
I have now sadly found myself horseless. It will likely be years before I can have another. I have nothing to get up for in the morning. My life is a ****** routine of work and bed and I hate it. Every waking thought is about getting my horses back and every night I dream of them. I feel like I'm going mad. Family and friends arnt horsey and don't get it. I can't bear it. Please someone tell me it gets better.

Kikke

Visit site
It's routine isn't it. So you need to find yourself a new one!
Perhaps a new sport of a loan/share horse is a option, plenty of people wanting help out there to keep you busy!

Surreydeb

Visit site
Plenty of people need help with their horses, post where abouts you are, and I'm sure someone would snap you up. Or consider volunteering at a local RDA or rescue place to get your horsey fix!

ihatework

Visit site
Where abouts are you? I'm sure someone could offer you some free horse contact!
For example I have an oldie and if someone wanted to spend some time with him I would be more than happy. And if they wanted to poo pick I would snap their hand off, lol!!

Firefly9410

Visit site
Work out what you liked best about horses, for example being around animals, exercise, the countryside, competing or whatever and find some other way to get that back in your life.

supsup

Visit site
I agree, you need to find new routines. If you like being outdoors and can't figure out a way to get your horsey fix, maybe you could offer to walk someone's dog on a regular basis?
And as cliche as it sounds, try and see the positives. I love my horsey life, but I realize that I don't get to do many other things I used to enjoy before I got the horse. Days out to museums/shows/exhibits/fairs etc. on weekends pretty much don't happen anymore. I also used to do/try out loads of different things (dancing, climbing, crafting, some gardening, play an instrument) that have all fallen by the wayside. Maybe you'll feel a bit better about things if you see the lack of horse at the moment as holiday from horsey duties (which do take a lot of time), and try to catch up on all those things you never got a chance to get around to previously.
I spent a few years entirely without horses, and while I missed them, I also loved the freedom it gave me to do other things. Particularly going on trips away over the weekend, which is much harder to do these days with pets and horse to take care of.

Notimetoride

Visit site
I lost my horse last Nov, and thought I would be like you, but to my surprise, I loved it. I loved being warm, dry, clean, and having a few extra pennies. I wasnt tied to my routine, got out and about more and started back at the gym again. When the weather was foul, I was soooo relieved to not have to go out in it. I now have another horse who I am enjoying getting to know (bit of a shock to the system, after having my last horse for a long long time), but Im tied down again, and have had to pretty much give up my fitness regime. I can only repeat what others have said, that there are always people looking for someone to help with their horses. Riding clubs always need helpers at shows, dressage judges always need writers and horse trials always need fence judges. I think someone has already mentioned RDA - what a worthwhile way to spend your time :) You may find you are busier than you were when you had your own.

happyhacking:)

Visit site
I'm in northants. Tbh I can barely look at other peoples horses atm without feeling a sickening sense of jelousy and resentment. I thought after six months I would have started to feel better. I just dont