Horses and a Baby

Glitterandrainbows

Visit site
My youngest loves coming to the farm and at three makes the feeds treat balls up has a go at filling a haynet way better been at the farm that watching about farms on tv

Polos Mum

Visit site
There are so many variables and every family and horse combination is different.

IMHO - You never know what is around the corner so don't put off what will make you happy today. Maybe starting for a baby in a few years is a long way off buying a pram. Plenty of people take years to conceive. The advice about a nice easy sort that can be loaned (or I had two sharers for mine while pregnant) or sold on is very good as it gives you options.

I had my son 3 months early and we were in hospital with him for more than three months continuously - you just can't make a plan for kids and expect them to stick to it !! Prematurity is relatively rare but not totally uncommon (as I discovered !). I had five horses at that time and luckily the most amazing friends, sharers (no family locally) and OH.

AUB

Visit site
Pregnancy and horses is easy, I worked as a groom until I was 8 months. Just be sensible.

It’s easy unless it’s not. :D

I have two children. In my first pregnancy I was competing and riding lessons until week 31. In the second I got severe SPD/PGP at the end of the first trimester and had to stop riding halfway through pregnancy.

conniegirl

Visit site
It’s easy unless it’s not. :D

I have two children. In my first pregnancy I was competing and riding lessons until week 31. In the second I got severe SPD/PGP at the end of the first trimester and had to stop riding halfway through pregnancy.
This! I had a difficult pregnancy with lots of complications.
I had to stop riding at 6 weeks and then stopped doing anything orher than pony patting at about 6 months