Horses at weddings

StarFell

Visit site
I'm getting married next year, and I quite fancy the idea of my pony being brought to the venue so I can have a couple of photos taken with him. Has anyone done this before? The only thing that concerns me is that green slobber and white dresses don't really mix :p

Wizzkid

Visit site
Hiya i'm in thinking the same, getting married in August but don't think its going to be pratical. I might just wash him, plait up with wedding theme colour ribbon and take some of him at the yard so there is no pressure :)
Plus i sometimes think thoses sort of pictures have an air of crazy about them....like the bride wants to marry her horse!! Maybe thats just me tho!!

Skippys Mum

Visit site
Here's me with my beloved Skippy
CNV00018Small.jpg

Hacking the half mile from my neighbours to my house (we got married in the back garden in a tent from B&Q, Skippy was the wedding transport and my dogs were my bridesmaids - burger van for the catering and karaoke for the party - if you're the bride its always your turn:D)
P1010033Small.jpg

My best boy (he is dead now so its even more special to have these to look back at)
P1010010Small-1.jpg

I cantered up the last bit of the lane to Abba - I do, I do, I do. Cheesy? Me?:D

Skippys Mum

Visit site
=Wizzkid;9477282
Plus i sometimes think thoses sort of pictures have an air of crazy about them....like the bride wants to marry her horse!! Maybe thats just me tho!!

Err, didnt want to marry the horse but I might have to give you the crazy bit:eek:

galaxy

Visit site
Yes I did!!

It was a bit of a last minute decision at my wedding so he came for photos.
(haven't got any photos on this comp)

A few years later my friend and YM got engaged and when I asked how she was gonna get there she said she really wanted to ride, but even though (at the time) she had 7 horses none were suitable! So I made a passing coment she was more than welcome to ride my boy and she did!

PN075.jpg

P9130001.jpg

StarFell

Visit site
Loving the pics :) Yeah I did worry about the "crazy woman wants to marry the horse" thing! My photographer also does "trash the dress" shoots after the wedding - could be worth thinking about instead of actually having him there on the day?

stacie21

Visit site
oh yes this will be my plan was going to break him to harness to so i ride him to wedding and have photos etc then a friend put him in cart and me and hubby drive away the harness and driving part wont bother with but will 100 per cent be at my wedding when ever it happens lol i want all my animals there they are just as much part of my family and y have someone else's horse there pay a fortune for carriage when i have a gorgeous one of my own

Sophiesmum

Visit site
On the morning of my wedding (many moons ago), I turned my horses out as normal, and I believe as I left the yard the YM went and got them in! Her and another friend plaited them, put on smart show gear, and hacked to the wedding! We had no idea, and they were in the churchyard when we came out of the church. My parents did know, as did the car driver, as he had been given instructions to drive a particular way to the church so we didn't see them hacking up! So just had a couple of pics with the horses in, then they were ridden back to the yard. A lovely surprise!

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Our photographer offered to come back the next day and take more photos of myself and hubby galloping about our fields in our wedding clothes (trash the dress again). We said yes, but the following day it poured down, everywhere was really muddy, and we couldn't be bothered as we were tired out after the wedding!

HashRouge

Visit site
Gorgeous photos, the two that have posted them!
I'm definitely riding my mare to my wedding if I ever get married. She's a cute white/ grey Arab so I think she'd fit in pretty well with a few flowers in her mane :D

Keltic

Visit site
Someone rode my mare to the church so she was there when we came out, she didnt like my veil and looked at me like i was a scary horse eating monster, think she was confused she could hear my voice but she wasnt really sure and decided that eating my boquet was the preferred option!!

cobiau

Visit site
Aww what beautiful pics, love the flowers around their necks:)
was horse-less when i got married but i did have two beautiful friesans and a victorian open carriage as my wedding transport, they were truly gorgeous it really made my day.. would have loved to have ridden to church, hmm am feeling a vow renewal type thing coming on!;)

Apricot

Visit site
Here's me with my beloved Skippy
CNV00018Small.jpg

Hacking the half mile from my neighbours to my house (we got married in the back garden in a tent from B&Q, Skippy was the wedding transport and my dogs were my bridesmaids - burger van for the catering and karaoke for the party - if you're the bride its always your turn:D)
P1010033Small.jpg

My best boy (he is dead now so its even more special to have these to look back at)
P1010010Small-1.jpg

I cantered up the last bit of the lane to Abba - I do, I do, I do. Cheesy? Me?:D

Really beautiful photos! Brought a tear to my eye! :) (and I'm not the sentimental sort!)

Trinity Fox

Visit site
Skippys mum from a anti marrige person your pics and wedding sound a blast not about spending as much as possible on pointless things but a good party the things that mean alot to you and a good time.

The pictures of your lovely horse are beautiful and something for you to treasure as your amazing horse did you proud.:)

Horseantics

Visit site
My horse was on livery at a riding stable and they were having an open day on the day I got married, we nipped from the church to his stables en-route to the reception, it was the only time i cried all day when i saw him (Thats bad isn't it ;-) we kept all our guests waiting because i spent so much time with him.
CNV00038.jpg

legend22

Visit site
Had one of mine at my wedding! Friends plaited him up and he had a huge bow which matched the bridesmaids dresses in his mane. He was very well behaved and we got a some lovely photos plus the non horsey relatives and friends loved fussing him. Would definately reccomend! I managed to avoild getting any green slobber on me ha,ha! Stopped off on way to reception to take photos with my old mare and her 2 youngsters - photographer was great! Will try and post a pic!

Lady La La

Visit site
Ah this makes me so sad :( We had planned for Starla to arrive at the church all plaitted up and looking lovely to be in some of our pictures, but she's gone now and the wedding is in July. Still so sad she wont be there :(

Hadders

Visit site
My boy was all done up in my wedding colour scheme, courtesy of some friends at the yard, walked to the church, and as we walked out, my friends brought him round to the entrance! The photographer caught my moment of surpise! Wonderful! Then the next thing I knew someone gave me a packet of mints, and my fella had some treats, we all had lots of smiles and photos - the church bells made him jump, he left some good fertilzer on the church lawn! All in all a wonderful surprise, everyone knew it was planned except me!

tibby

Visit site
My old pony " Willow Jeni " attended two weddings, she went to my aunt's wedding with her horse, I have some photos somewhere of me on Jeni and my aunt on " Honey Lam " this was in the early 70's then in 1991 I got married, I called at the farm on the way back from the hairdressers to see Jeni and have a quick yarn to the girls, I did wonder why they tried to get rid of me, three hours later Jeni was waiting outside the church, my uncle had brought her in the trailer to the church, she didn't slobber on me but she did eat part of my bouquet!