Horses being passed around..

starbucker

Visit site
A horse I used to know is being passed around for astonishing amounts when i knew it I suspect it had a back issue based on the description still not fixed. Poor horse. Shocking how common practice this is for a quick buck rather than investigating with a vet :( Anyone looking be on guard, can't trust even expensive listings..

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I would like to think anyone purchasing a horse that is regarded as expensive in today's market would surely be getting a full vetting with bloods drawn etc.?

On the other hand if it is competing successfully at a higher level sadly there is always a cohort who won't give a damn if it has hard to spot health issues so long as it is still bringing home the ribbons.🤷

On what criteria and qualifications are you basing your judgement starbucker? How do you know it hasn't been fully assessed by a vet if it has been in several homes to your knowledge?

skint1

Visit site
Sad, but not surprising and I guess why it's so hard to buy a good, sound horse even with a healthy budget. Hopefully whoever buys the horse will look into it, see if it can be sorted, and if not, do the right thing. Poor horse.

starbucker

Visit site
I would like to think anyone purchasing a horse that is regarded as expensive in today's market would surely be getting a full vetting with bloods drawn etc.?

On the other hand if it is competing successfully at a higher level sadly there is always a cohort who won't give a damn if it has hard to spot health issues so long as it is still bringing home the ribbons.🤷

On what criteria and qualifications are you basing your judgement starbucker? How do you know it hasn't been fully assessed by a vet if it has been in several homes to your knowledge?
In all honesty I asked the dealer if said issue lightly mentioned in ad had been looked into by a vet & got a no.. shouldnt get involved I know!

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
In all honesty I asked the dealer if said issue lightly mentioned in ad had been looked into by a vet & got a no.. shouldnt get involved I know!
Well to be frank if the issue is being openly declared in an advert then I can't see the problem? Surely it is a case of buyer beware, or perhaps buying being made aware in an honest advert. So nobody is dishonestly pushing a crook horse on an unsuspecting buyer are they? How do you know how many times it has been passed on because of the openly declared issue?

Sorry if I might read as a tad unsympathetic but I can't quite see how this is an untrustworthy sale when it is being declared and dealer is also openly answering your question in an honest manner.

starbucker

Visit site
Well to be frank if the issue is being openly declared in an advert then I can't see the problem? Surely it is a case of buyer beware, or perhaps buying being made aware in an honest advert. So nobody is dishonestly pushing a crook horse on an unsuspecting buyer are they? How do you know how many times it has been passed on because of the openly declared issue?

Sorry if I might read as a tad unsympathetic but I can't quite see how this is an untrustworthy sale when it is being declared and dealer is also openly answering your question in an honest manner.

Personally I don't believe a horse potentially in pain should be passed along 3x in 6 month with no investigations done but thats just me youre entitled to your own opinion. It was more a musing at how cruel the horse world can be.

Edit: No mention in the ad of broncing or bolting a behaviour I have witnessed

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Personally I don't believe a horse potentially in pain should be passed along 3x in 6 month with no investigations done but thats just me youre entitled to your own opinion

Ok. Fair enough. We shall have to agree to disagree as we seem to be talking at cross purposes here. I hadn't realized from your initial post that you are privy to detailed sale and health history of this particular horse. I thought you were objecting to a dishonest and untrustworthy seller, which I would not judge this potential dealer/seller to be.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Edit: No mention in the ad of broncing or bolting a behaviour I have witnessed
Cross posted since your edit, neither did you mention this in your first post. It is impossible to expect a fair and measured opinion when pertinent detail is drip fed into the thread. I'm out🤔☺️

starbucker

Visit site
Surely the person to blame is the one that sold it to the first dealer instead of having its problems looked into?
Cross posted since your edit, neither did you mention this in your first post. It is impossible to expect a fair and measured opinion when pertinent detail is drip fed into the thread. I'm out🤔☺️

Perhaps but does that really evade the responsibility of future owners / care givers / dealers who buy to sell on for profit? Wonder where he and other like him end up, was just reflecting on a situation - no need to get defensive, seller by any chance mrs jingle?

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
- no need to get defensive, seller by any chance mrs jingle?
Oh you've outed me! You clever old thing you. All these years on here cleverly disguising my true persona as one of the biggest and most neferious dealers in Ireland......that's my little game rumbled then.🤔😅

Now I really am off the thread before people start grumbling about all the three legged horses I've sold them over the years, 😂

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Starbucker, do you suspect bad practice or someone selling a horse nefariously? Do you have an interest in this horse? Because otherwise I'd say it was none of your (or our) business.

lizziebell

Visit site
I’ve seen something that sounds very similar to this on Facebook in past couple of months. Could this be the same horse/ circumstances. It was all very sour grapes at the time and best left in the past. Personally I’m fed up of the buyers moaning about sellers posts, and sellers moaning about buyers posts ! Yes, some sellers could be more honest, and some buyers need to do more due diligence.

Unfair to attack Mrs J - she was only questioning the facts which I agree, do seem to be have been lacking in this thread.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
It's so sad how many horses are passed around when no longer fit for purpose. I have never sold a horse and my homebred mare was retired at 7 and she was PTS earlier this year at the age of 29. Just a few months off her 30th birthday. Horses are just a commodity for many unfortunately.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It's so sad how many horses are passed around when no longer fit for purpose. I have never sold a horse and my homebred mare was retired at 7 and she was PTS earlier this year at the age of 29. Just a few months off her 30th birthday. Horses are just a commodity for many unfortunately.

Did you pay livery for your homebred mare for 22 years while she was retired?