Horses fall victim to unstable times

silvershadow81

Visit site
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5020041.ece

Think everyone will start to feel the pinch, our livery prices have just changed
frown.gif

carys220

Visit site
That's awful, no matter how bad your 'money worries' are would you really abandon an elderly horse undergoing vet treatment!

Nailed

Visit site
It hasn't effected us in the slightest. Our livery owner runs the yard to pay the bills and that is that. No profit, and there is a waiting list for places. so all she has done is get two more horses in on livery.
I've changed Hayleage suppliers and have managed to find a person who is very reliable, charges me the same price of £25 and the hayleage is top notch quality and my straw is 20p cheaper off of him.
I am using the same corn as last year and am feeding sugarbeet and molasses as well.
All in all, I think he is costing me less!

Lou x

gloster_image

Visit site
I'm very lucky where I am as the livery charges havn't changed, we have a plentiful supply of hay (that is grown by the yard and we don't have to pay for and is adlib) and rock is only fed readigrass and might go onto unmollassed sugarbeet if he fails to hold weight in the winter while he's hunting. However can definately see how some that aren't so lucky are going to be struggling!